Friday, July 12, 2013

Breaking up practice

At our age, how many more times can we meet in the future? ‘The more I think of what my friend said, the more unusual it is.

'It's Sooim,' hesitated whether to call or not, and called carefully. "Where are you? Are you in LA? Come to my house." "No, I just called to talk." "What's the point? We only can meet a few more times in our lives. We will meet when we can. Her personality is bright and fun, so she is always busy, but whenever I go to LA, she invites all my college classmates and give us a barbecue.

When I was a kid, I met people to make friends, but now we are seeing friends to break up. We practiced breaking up with friends late at night.

When I meet an interesting friend, I feel bright and want to meet again. A friend who is negative and troubled about everything expects to brighten up one day when the troublesome is resolved, but the meetings continue to be held to discuss another depression caused by a series of incongruous daily routines. Then, we meet reluctantly, and then we lose touch.

I know an acquaintance that likes to wear primary colors. She often talks well, but then suddenly rages up and sets off a nasty atmosphere. As she grew up, the anger that built up inside her, gives off steam as if it were emitting fire energy. After facing the gloom that lurks in his colorful primary-colored clothes, which are negative about everything, I feel uncomfortable for a few days. Do I really need to continue this tense meeting with her?

No one is obligated, nor can, to make my life feel good and happy, even if a husband and a child. Wouldn't it be only if I found a way to be happy for myself and created a life so that I could have a good meeting with others?

When I was in college, my husband and I didn't even met eyes on each other because we were afraid of premature connection. After I came to New York, my senior introduced me a lonely man. When I went out to meet the lonely man, he was my college classmate who didn't even meet eye each other. "What are you doing here?" You haven't married yet?" I can't believe the lonely man became my husband!

When we are in good mood, we make a fuss about good. Then all of a sudden, we fight with anger over nothing. Even though I decide to break up, I'm holding back and let it go. Anyway someday, we are going to have to be separated by death.

No comments:

Post a Comment