Friday, August 24, 2012

Lucky people

‘No, no, no! I wouldn’t have met my husband, whose nickname is potato, nor would there have been a elder son like a chestnut and a younger son who looked like an acorn.’

Why? Didn't I study hard when I was in school? If I had done as much as reading a book at a book club these days, what would I become like now? Thinking of those, I came up with potatoes, chestnuts and my cute acorns.


Although we are not an apricot-like face in a dark blue school uniform, my friends in a book club with white powder are as happy as they were during their school days. We don't go home early even after the book club is over on the second Wednesday of every month. Unlike our childhood, we sit by the Hudson River, watching the sunset and reviewing the lecture we learned that day. 


As my children grew up, I have a lots of free time and lost in the emptiness of life. I was busy living in a foreign land, but I took a breather and looked back at myself. With the thought of updating me, I went to a book club with a friend last July. 


I took the first lecture. What a great lecture they've been taking without me! Where can I get books and lectures I have not read in the book club for the past three years be compensated? I felt betrayed.


A year later, in July, I read Edith Wharton's 'The age of innocence' in a book club. Although it does not correspond exactly to the teacher's lecture, I have heard that there are four levels of human life. Step 1 is a life in which people cling to money to solve their food clothing, and shelter sources. Step 2 is about pursuing a mental inner world, Step 3 is about affecting and leading the lives of others, and Step 4 is about o change the perception of science that has been treated as a different at our age." We don't see it now, but there's a substance between organic and inorganic matter. Teacher said was scientifically proving its existence.


We may not be in the third stage yet, but we must live in at least the second stage. We teased and laughed each other, "You're still Stage One. Try harder," 


The passionate lecture to deliver us what the teacher knows went into my body with shudder. I open my eyes to a world I've never known before and feel infinite joy and rejoice together as it passes to my husband, children, and friends.


After a month, we will be able to see another new world, and we are the lucky people who have a great teacher next to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment