Friday, May 28, 2010

I am luxury madam too

"Does your husband have a suit?"

A long time ago, it was the opening of a Korean exhibition hall. A lady called a phone me. "Can you and your husband come?" "Why did you bother to call me when you could send me an invitation?" "I had to call because you guys had to dress up. I've never seen your husband in a suit at the gallery opening. You seem to have formal outfits, but your husband doesn't have." Of course, we didn't accept the invitation.

In the other opening, a woman was holding a clutch gracefully. It's a familiar bag. As soon as I came home, I searched the house and found the same clutch. I was about to throw it away, but It's what I've been keeping. Just in case, I went to the handbag company website and found, "Oh my gosh." It's a luxury that I can't afford to pay for. It is I picked up what the next-door neighbor had thrown away. What a windfall!

In Greenpoint, Brooklyn, I can often see young aspiring artists from other states snooping around with maps to get apartments. Having found an apartment, they are busy moving their luggage from a truck with friends.

On the other hand, the owners of buildings are busy disposing of empty boxes that they have been thrown away. During holidays, their parents often visit from afar to see how their children live, and often get embarrassed by getting parking tickets because they don't know well about street parking rules. I fell sorry that when my eyes meet with them.

If the artist's career goes well, doesn't have to pack for a while. But is it that easy to live as an artist? While there are artists who move in hope, there are also many artists who disappear without sound. When they disappear, they throw away many items. The building next to me has so many young artists often move in and out. Every time they move out, I make a windfall.

Stretch bars, furniture, clothes, shoes, etc. kindly put them in boxes for passers-by, or hang them on metal fences. Discerning artists, so it also has good style used it. As I keep my virgin figure like that, most of me fit well. I can't help but exercise hard for a day like this.

There are also new clothes that have not been worn a few times. There are also luxury brands that I don't know. The only brands I know are Banana Republic and J-Crew, so I sometimes find them on the website and am surprised at the price.

My mouth is itching to confess to the kind lady who asked carefully if my husband had a suit. "My outfit is thanks to the young artists who are moving away!"

No comments:

Post a Comment