Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My husband who claims to eat Korean food

Which way should I go to meet my husband and children? I wandered along the dusty white road.

My husband friends came to visit from Seoul. A woman and three men sit at the table waiting for food. The food is not served and they are talking at the empty table.

My angry husband says me to come out. I follow my husband with my children, but I lost him and children. I woke up from my dream while wandering the dusty road to find them.

If I divorce because I don't want to cook, I'll live in this dream-like situation, right? Landscape changes in 10 years, but there is one thing that hasn't changed for me, even after 25 years of marriage. The food skill has not improved at all. Not only hasn't increased, but I don't want to do it more. I feel frustrated and depressed whenever time to cook.

The children left home. I just wanted to have simple dinner with my husband. "What shall we eat?" I asked, looking at my husband's eyes. "Korean food." “Can't we eat anything other than that?” “You know me who has to eat Korean food for dinner.” "What?" I was annoyed when I tried to ask.

Even when it's time for a meal, he doesn't help me. I stare at him who only reads the newspaper. 'What if you stare at me? No matter how hard not to try to cook, your duty and responsibility is to cook." The husband unfolds the newspaper.

I had to suffer from an American-style food for children and a Korean-style food for husband. When the children left home, I knew I would be freed from making food. But my husband insisted on Korean style food. If he doesn't have Korean food, he just has to eat bread or ramen to fill his stomach. If he wants to eat special food, why doesn't he try to make it himself? He never makes food.

I want to go to a far, faraway place, swaying in the current of the sailboat. But why do I keep reminding myself of me in that dream of wandering in the dust road?

No comments:

Post a Comment