Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My nickname is Madam cash

"Can we stay that long? What if there will be a thief?" "There's nothing for the thief to steal. It is about a story I shared with my worried husband, waiting for a call taxi to the airport early in the morning. My father-in-law in L.A. sends us plane tickets once a year for his son's family is suffering in cold New York.

I was lying in the backyard, surrounded by palm trees. There's a call from New York. It is a woman who lives upstairs. There's a thief in my apartment. "What have you stolen?" My mother-in-law asked in amazement. "There's nothing for the thief to steal." 'Yeah, you're right." They all look relieved.

I came home from a warm L.A after rest without worrying. The door was slightly open. A few furniture and empty beer cans were thrown to all over the floor. The thief must have drunk the beer we left in the fridge because he had nothing to steal.

There are not many things in my house, so there are quite a lot of good things. Even if I don't clean often, it always looks clean. I don't spend time and money because I don't shop. Stuffs get tired easily and become rubbish over time. But the money in the bank is safe and I can buy things I want to buy at any time.

My nickname was once 'Madam dumpling.' Every time I go to LA, my mother-in-law puts out a large bowl, saying, "You'll make dumplings." I can make hundreds of dumplings fast enough to say, Should I sell dumplings business? If I only have dumpling skin, make dumplings with leftover meat and vegetables from the refrigerator and clean the refrigerator. That's why my mother-in-law must be pleased.

My nickname these days is 'Madam cash. Whenever I visit my father in Seoul my father gives me his usual collection of antiques as if he would die soon. I want my father to live a long life looking at his collection of antiques. On the other hand, the antique is too heavy to bring. "Father, can't you give it in light cash instead of heavy stuff? Easy to take home," That's why father nicknamed me 'madam cash.

I like light cash no matter what. I have to earn money to have that good cash. However, there is no moneymaking skill. Since I do not buy things, I live in the fun of gathering money little by little.

No comments:

Post a Comment