Friday, March 8, 2024

12 hours of hiccups

It's 5 am. Picking up my heel, I quietly walked to the other room where my husband was sleeping. The door that is normally always open is closed. 

“Taalkkuk”

It’s a ‘ta-al-kkuk’ where the wind goes out.

If I wait to see if the sound has stopped, it does it again. I quietly opened the door, went in, and crept closer to my husband. He moves as if it senses me approaching.

"You're still doing it. Wake up. You have to stop this."


Yesterday, my husband started hiccuping after dinner. Before going to sleep, he tried all sorts of ways to stop, but to no avail.


I urged my husband to try another method. He blocks a brown bag over the edge of his mouth with both hands and breathes through it. It did not work. If he bends his back 90 degrees and puts his mouth to a paper cup filled with cold water, he can drink from the outside of the cup. He's saying it wasn't working. I demonstrated. It worked. My husband followed what I did. The hiccups stopped.

“It finally stopped! Your face is gaunt. Then sleep well.”

I patted his back and I fell asleep.


He started having hiccups last night after dinner and stopped almost 12 hours later. The gagging, not breathing, drinking cold water, surprising him, tickling his nose, eating a spoonful of sugar, and eating a banana. It didn't stop. I tried every hiccup remedy on Google. I am thankful for the world where Google exists.


The big face of my husband eating breakfast looks small. Meanwhile, he became pale.

‘Talkkuuk’

“Oh my surprise! It starts again. It's tough. Let’s try to stop it again.”


My husband lowered his back at 90 degrees, put his mouth in a paper cup and drank water. However, his mouth stuck in the paper cup did not come out. He looked at me with his duck's beak in disbelief. I grabbed the paper cup and tugged on it. My husband's spout fell out and we almost fell backwards. We looked at each other and laughed like idiots..


I was anxious because I thought I would hear the ‘hiccup’ sound again. I don’t know if this theory is true, but people say that you get hiccups when you lie. In particular, if you tell a big lie that goes against your conscience, they will continue without stopping. Is there anything my husband has done wrong to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment