Saturday, March 6, 2021

Love your neighbor

 "Did you get a vaccine? I got it." 
The woman next door asked me. 
"No." 
Since mid-January, I have been rushing around the Covid-19 vaccine website and making numerous phone calls, but I was about to let go of my hand in desperation because I couldn't make a reservation. The woman next door emailed me a link to make all kinds of reservations. She and my two sons wanted me to get a shot quickly. I couldn't stay still. After the challenge again, a reservation was made. It's a site I could barely do. https://covid19.nychealthandhospitals.org/COVIDVaxEligibility 

 I go round only at home and in the park, then take the subway in almost a year. It is my first time road. I was heavily armed in anticipation of waiting a long time in a long line to get an injection. I am not going a long way, but why am I so unstable and anxious? After I've been in quarantine for a long time, do I think there's a long way to go if I can't walk? It feels like the people and the road have fallen far and far from the house. 

 I got off the subway and looked around. The police are looking at me as if he was waiting. He asks kindly as soon as his eyes meet mine. 
 “Are you going to get the vaccine? Go three more blocks along the road, turn right and go two blocks.” While walking around looking around, I fell on the frozen ice. A young man coming from behind reached out his hand and raised me up and supported me to the end of the ice. 
'Did I say thank you or not?'
Perhaps I failed to properly express his gratitude to him.because I was out of my mind after suddenly fell. There is no long line when I arrived at my destination. It was absurd. I was looking around. A woman approached with an iPad. Needless to wait, I put the bob cord that I reserved on my phone on her pad. I was guided and got a Moderna vaccine very easily. There were more people working there than people who came to get vaccine. The government system that required complicated reservations was resentful and regrettable. 

 On the way back, as I got closer to home, my arms and legs became weak and my walking became sluggish. Opened the apartment door. The warm air embraces me as if welcome. 'Why does my home look so clean and cozy today?' I threw myself into the house. I don't think I can go back to my old life due to my long-standing pandemics habit. I told the woman next door and sons that I had a Covid vaccine. They are very happy as if anxiety let go. I'm glad I got the vaccine in a hurry. I didn't expect they would to love it so much! 
 'Do better with neighbors than with parents and siblings who are far away,' 
 Thank you very much for Susan next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment