Friday, November 15, 2019

Confession of a miser

How many more chances will there be to travel with my sons? After they get married, I don't want to get involved in their lives. However, we spend much more money than when my husband and I travel. We pay all costs.

First of all, I focus on hotel location in the travel destination. If I am tired from walking, I prefer a place where I can take a rest and walk again and where I can eat breakfast. And it has to be clean. Otherwise, I lose my appetite and get tired of being so dirty. I don't shop at all, but my hotel costs a lot.

My husband doesn't care about anything clean. He only wants to eat in a good restaurant. He orders seafood mainly because he doesn't like to eat meat. Drink two or three glasses of beer or order a bottle of wine during a meal. I'm not interested in eating because I feel comfortable and light-body after eating a little.

However, I don't know if my son was born and raised in the United States, he must order an appetizer and a main dish, and have juice for lunch and a glass of alcohol for dinner. Also he eats ice cream on the way to the hotel. He even orders an appetizer for us, saying he wants to taste it evenly.

When the son and husband are tired while walking, they try to ride Uber and take the first class train. Who knows what's inside of me that I can't tell them not to do it? Every time we go to a new place, we visit the old cemetery in the city. When I die, I can't take money to the tomb. 'Let's spend money.' Instead of hurting the feelings of son and husbands because of money, I decide to do everything they want, but then come back. I guess I have to visit the cemetery sometimes to find myself feel comfortable.

"Since you've been living as a miser, it is not a habit to use money," my husband said, urging me to use money. It's not wrong. Fortunately, the sons and our couple are well connected both culturally and artistically. So the place we want to see and go is the same.

If they get married, we can't spend time with them. Even if in-laws pay for the trips, which daughter-in-law would want to travel with us? In particular, unlike us who like to wander around the back streets, it is tiring to imagine traveling with our daughter-in-law, who only loves shopping.

When we have the chance, I have to unwind the pocket money I've been grabbing, and travel together and enjoy the style they want. However, it's not that easy for this miser.

No comments:

Post a Comment