Saturday, December 1, 2018

Worry is greed

'We have too much worry. That's all because of greed. It seems to be living as a slave of greed.’ This is what his wife said at the funeral on actor Shin Sung-il

A long time ago, I was an art teacher at the Hangang Middle School in Dongbu Ichon-dong. A school was in the apartment complexes of the wealthy people. There were many children of famous people. One of them was Um Aing-Ran son. He was a quiet and handsome child with long eyelashes sitting on the right side of the middle of the classroom. Even though the children did not clean the classroom after school, he carefully swept. I looked at the back of a chubby child for a while. ‘What a nice guy!

Um Aing-ran brought her daughter and son with a unkempt face that did not even make up. Daughter went to girl’s middle school across the street, and son to Han River Middle School. I remember such a disheveled image as an actress.

I sent out my resume here and there after graduating from college, but I didn’t get a job. I was worried. Most of the jobs were multistage salesmen. In the end, I took A teacher qualification exams. Truthfully, before I became a teacher, the dating men did not like me because I was short and weak. But after becoming a teacher, men wanted to marry with me.

Though I was relived of worries about getting a job, another worry for me in marriageable age was ahead. If I marry a man who likes me as a teacher, I can be a slave making money. The disillusionment of humans has come up.

Children who study well in school were loved and noticed by other teachers and attracted attention. Of course, the same applies to children whose parents are celebrities. But it's like a co-worker, I had no choice but to be affectionate to a quiet child, a child who was bullied by the homosexual tendency, and a child who was too hard to buy art materials.

I was not able to adapt to school life like the children being outcast at school and I wandered around. My mom tried very hard to soothe me who didn’t want to go to work in the morning. Whenever I stood on the teacher’s platform every day, I just wanted to fly away as freely as a bird. Finally, I flew to the U.S. to find a solution.

In New York City, here too, I lose my precious things with unnecessary worries. As long as I do not let down my greed, I know that I go on the road of endless worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment