Friday, December 1, 2017

The fun of saving money

For sick wife with a throat cold and sons, my husband rushes without flare to Korean restaurant.

Early in the morning, He went to the Korean restaurant in Fort Lee, NJ, which is open 24 hours and ordered four seolleongtang dishes separately. One is delivered to me and the other two are delivered to our sons, and the remaining one to eat at his lunch.

As my two sons eat out seolleongtang and Bindaetteok in Korean restaurant when they were young, it is always the same answer when asked them “what Korean food do you guys want to eat?” My husband run to New Jersey even though he would be annoyed to pick up.

They love Kimbab, which I wrap eight rolls once a week. I put cucumber, carrot, egg, spam, and avocado in warm rice. We are fed two lines each.  Sometimes it’s good to add kale been paste soup.

It is rare to see each other, but my sons often make me happy. The younger one calls once a week and asks hello. "You always call me on time!" "Because I'm trying to practice not to forget the Korean language." He gave me the money he earns from abroad, and said, "Mom, take it all." "Why you gave me a hard earned money." Rather, I added more money to his account.

Unlike the frugal little son, an older one earns a lot and spends a lot. "Mom, Tell me if you need something, I'll buy it all.” If there’s anything I really need, I'll send him a link from Amazon and he buys it.

I just I want to control the 'pouring water into a broken jar’ type of consumption in their youth. As soon as they graduated from school, I opened a bank account under their names and saved sum of my money. In my case, it is more fun to save than to spend money. I want to give the fun to the children too. You can use it in an emergency, but you keep it and earn and save more. Fortunately, both of them do not waste money and they seem to enjoy the growing fun of investing.

I used to say to my father "I am sorry for not being able to give you." My father always said, "It makes me happy to have a daughter and I am capable. You just have to be pleased.”

The years have slipped by and I think I’m taking after my father.

It is a delightful joy to be able to give children.

No comments:

Post a Comment