Friday, July 31, 2015

The woman who spoke to me

‘When I open the apartment door, I feel stand in the center of the world, and when I close the door, and I will be a place severe island.’ One writer said about Manhattan.

I live in Manhattan and walk almost every day in the park. I go to classes in the library. I also snoop for more than a year in the neighborhood. But nobody talks to me. Why? Because am I Asian? Or are most of them self-conscious Jews?

The old doormen who stand at the door that opened wide open in the middle of the summer warmly greet. I guess I’m just a popular for doorman.

There will be some prejudices about 'It would be inconvenient to know Asian who speak English is not smooth. When I came to the first time in New York. I saw a grandmother climbing the stairs with heavy load. I had to help her without knowing anything. The grandmother shouted at me as if I had taken her baggage. After that absurd incident, I do not speak or approach the strangers.

One day in meditation class, a woman talked to me. "Your sportswear is good. Where did you buy it?" I reacted to the questions. She asked the following question, "What do you do?" I answered "artist." Then, she said, "Ah, nail artist.

She is a comedian. She was talking just like a comedy and asked my phone number. I did not give a phone number even if I give an email address. Suddenly I was scared of her active approach.

I found her on YouTube. There was only one video from the Broadway comedy club. Last year 's end show, "If I first give a kindness, more kindness comes back to me." It was a wholesome subject.

I have to carry my life for a lifetime. If I enjoy doing what I do, will not I feel good when I show kindness to others?" I felt sorry for every time I encountered unkind people. So I clicked on "Like" to go to her videos three or four times.

I see myself who is a fine artist in her pathetic appearance on the stage, trying to make fun of the audience. I smiled bitterly when I found myself resembling her.

No comments:

Post a Comment