Friday, September 6, 2013

The sea calls

Did humans really come from the seawater? My husband calls me 'crazy woman about the sea.'

A long way past Jones Beach in Long Island, there is Robert Moses Beach. Even in Moses Beach, I enjoy the beach in front of the lighthouse on the way to go Fire Island.

On a sunny late summer day when the seawater was warmed up all summer, I cannot help but run to the sea. If I leave my body to the surf, the waves lift me up slightly and put me down gently. I enjoy the joy that comes when the waves lift my body and the warmth of the sand that touches the toe.

The blue sky that meets the endless white sand carries me on clouds and takes to far away childhood. The repetitive rhythm of the sound of the waves is the mother's lullaby. In the warm, calm wind like a mother's touch, I slumber with a sand arm pillow.

Rainbow-striped cloth screens symbolizing homosexuality can be seen everywhere. People enjoyed the late summer sea with naked hang around and chat. A naked woman in the next mesh tent fell into a nap. A brown, middle-aged woman, well tan all summer, takes off her clothes and walked past us to the sea. I wore my glasses.

"You don't need to look hard with your glasses. You spent so many years in college to draw the nude models," said my husband, as if the bird could not pass by the mill.

Unclothed human figures are natural. Rather, colorful swimsuits are annoying. A naked human being looks like as a part of nature, like sand and wind beneath the blue sky and waves and a tree. I looked away and got lost in thought.

Why is the seawater salty?

No comments:

Post a Comment