Friday, August 27, 2010

Istanbul, stranger than heaven

Whenever I wanted to leave somewhere, it was Istanbul. But I used to choose a different city.

I finally arrive in the Turkish city of Istanbul. On the way to find a hotel, romantic restaurants stood out on the far shore. I unpacked my luggage at the hotel and I walked toward the beach to found the restaurant. The many shops along the main street were disappearing, and a narrow alley became labyrinthine, leading to the beach. The figure of the tourist gradually disappeared and reached a dark alley that divides in two directions.

I fell in love Istanbul, the city of aspirations, so I didn't notice someone following. The face that had been brushed three or four times was reappeared. It was in the state of being confronted by the fact that something was happening to me. It was too late when three or four Kurdish teenagers narrowed me closer. I felt someone's breath behind me. At the same time, the bag leash snatched. My body suddenly pulled back and turned left. A thick black hand grabbed the bag and pulled hard forward. Reflectively, I grabbed the bag strap, but fell forward under the force of a teenager.

He pulled me over on the cobble stone floor until the rope broke. I was dragged away. It happened in an instant. But why do you remember being dragged for so long? I could hear the hum of voices around me.  No one helped me but just watched me. Finally the bag strap was broken. The man glanced back at me with a winner's face and laughed and disappeared.

When I saw him running away, I was about to jump to my feet, but my body didn't move as I thought it would. I was lying on my stomach in the middle of the alley. The assembled onlookers slowly dispersed. All who were scattered were regarded as in the same boat, and anger boiled over

At the beginning of January, during the weeklong holiday, Istanbul was very cold. The blood that killed the sheep each house flowed down the road. The bloody smell made me even more savage. A week later, I had to stay in Turkey until the official doors were opened and passports were made. Plans to travel to Greece via Turkey have also been slow.

I looked down with a pillow on the hotel window frame. Those in new clothes are happy images of people busily going somewhere with a box of dessert baklava. At six o'clock in the morning, the sound of Islamic worship that echoed the entire city used to wake me up as a scream of anger.

Turned on the TV and turning the channel around came a Korean drama called 'Hae-shin.' Lying in bed and looking at 'Hae-shin,' I remembered a friend who had traveled to New York from Paris a long time ago. She didn't travel and watched the drama ‘Damo’ to the end and left New York. I thought to myself that she was a foolish friend at that time. I am the one pathetic same as like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment