Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A boy and a girl should not sit together after they have reached the age of seve

One day we had dinner at a friend's house that has two boys like our couple. Our conversation naturally focused on the children's stories, with the embarrassing stories of our son in college coming out.

The friend's son brought a girl from the same university home. As night fell, the couple was waiting to her go, but their son brought his girlfriend into his room. The couple was dumbly staring at each other without stopping them.

It's the worries of our first generation. I still don't know the answer. if we are stopping them have to fight son, and if we don't care them seems to have a problem with the education. It is confusing how children should be raised well.

Not the first child, but the second brought his girlfriend home first. "Mom, how's she?" asks carefully, looking at me. "Is she your girlfriend?" "Yes." "She looks like a bright, cheerful kid." "Is she older than you, isn't she?" "She is two years old than me." She is Hispanic at a glance, with a disheveled head and a little black face.

"She is Hispanic. Are you okay?" "Do you like Korean girls better?" "It's Hispanic, it's white, it's Korean and I don't care, your girlfriend have to be smart." "She is very smart. She get a Bill Gates scholarship until she get her doctorate.”

My son's girlfriend was born in a difficult environment in Ecuador. She lost her father when she was 2 years old, grew up under her uncle. When she was 8 years old came to America to find her mother who got remarried and left.

Her mom works in a watch factory. The child is bright, positive and polite. She goes to school during the week and is busy teaching poor children in Harlem on weekends. She is busy, but my son is rolling around in bed. "You don’t meet her?" "She is busy every day. She'll meet me only if I get more than 90 points on the test." "Then why are you lying down?" "You will be dump by her."

"It's good to date, but if you have a baby before you're independent, I'll send the baby to an orphanage. Behave yourself!" "Mom, did you raise me well? Or did you raise me wrong?"  "Why, I 've been raised very well?" "Then don't worry." I was speechless.

After all, I left my homeland and lived in a foreign land, married and had children. Even if is not this child, my descendants will eventually mix with other races. The difference is whether it mixes quickly or late. If my descendants will be mixed up anyway, I don't have to hurt my children's feeling.

I hope my son's has a girlfriend who could overcome difficult circumstances and be thankful rather than a girl who complain and blame others even if grew up in a good environment under parents. My son's girlfriend curly hair is cute and her skin color looks tanned and attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment