Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Around the time of the bloom of kimchi flowers

I looked at kimchi flowers blooming in jars by the window.

Kimchi is hard to make. But we can't afford to live without it. When kimchi falls, it starts to feel anxious.

I decided to make kimchi. I bought a box of napa cabbages pushed them into the corner of the kitchen and thinking for days. There was no big pot to pickle it into the apartment life.

I cleaned the sink and the cabbages were pickled overnight. When I came to think of it, a friend of mine put the cabbage in a large plastic bag and shook the plastic bag back and forth to and evenly pickled.

Chopped garlic and ginger, sliced radish and green onions and mixed with the seasoning. The red seasoning splashed on the kitchen floor, walls and clothes, In a word, the kitchen turned into a bombed battlefield. It was also hard to clean as much as dipping.

Five bottles of kimchi line the window side by side.

Wait for them to ripen. The kimchi color at the top of the pot is dull. It failed again this time. I vowed not to immerse Kimchi again.

Still, there should be kimchi. I bought a bag of kimchi made on the market. It's too spicy. I brushed off the seasoning and put into the bottle. I pickled cucumbers, kkakdugi, green onion and chives and made four different kimchi with the market seasoning. Also I made water kimchi too. 

A simple bag of market kimchi made four more bottles of kimchi.  It's not Buy One Get One, it's Buy One Get Four. I put five bottles of kimchi side by side in the kitchen window. I opened the lid often and try it.

My friend looked at the kimchi bottle and was said it was blooming in the window. Come to think of it, they make green leaves in the colors of green onions and leeks, and cabbage dyed in red chili powder seems to bloomed flowers. In particular, water kimchi was like a lotus flower that floated on water.

I looked in and out of the kitchen at the kimchi flowers in the jar. Kimchi that made without effort in five jars were amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment