Saturday, August 13, 2022

Mega Millions Lottery

My husband and I don't celebrate each other's birthdays. I don't even remember my husband's birthday. Even though my birthday is Constitution Day, I always forget it. if I remembered it, it was erased from my mind as if I had decided that the thought of being tired was preventing me from remembering.

"Happy Birthday. Stay healthy."

Received texting from my sister. ‘Is today my birthday? I was puzzled and tilted my head, then remembered what my mother always said.

“Do you know how hot the day you were born?”

My mother gave birth to me on such a hot day and raised me dearly, and she didn't forget my birthday. Sixth grade, it was my birthday. I ate watermelon as usual on my birthday. My right stomach started to hurt. It hurt more and more. I roamed the room and roared. My father carried me on his back to the hospital near my house. A watermelon seed entered the appendix and operated on.

I've already had an appendectomy, so it's okay, but whenever my husband eats watermelon, I nag him to be careful, worrying about what would happen if he had an appendectomy and goes to the hospital. and thinking of getting hit by the hospital bill, I hesitate even when I try to buy watermelon. I have a strong sense of economy and a pretty good memory of numbers about money, as much as worrying about hospital bills and pressing what I want to eat watermelon.

Unfortunately, I don't remember people's faces and names, probably because I think they are less important than money. My husband used to say this to me before going to a meeting.

“When people come and say hello to you, ‘Who are you? Where did you see me?’ Don’t say something out of such blue, just bow your head and say hello. I don’t understand how you can’t remember the faces and names of people you've met so many times while remembering the number of money well.”

"I didn't succeed because I couldn't remember a person's face and name. What if I don't even remember your face? Then just throw me away at the nursing home."

"Don't say such nonsense. I'll put you in a wheelchair and drag you around."

"I'll see to check it out then, but thank you for the words. Can you buy me a Mega Millions for my birthday present? Who knows? I'll win the money for the wheelchair. Thank you for dragging me around without abandoning me, so I should prepare a wheelchair. As you can see from living with me, I am not a person without a conscience.”

Actor Brad Pitt suffers from facial agnosia, unable to remember human faces. I can remember who they are with their voice, but I can't remember their face and name. Am I not a patient with facial agnosia?

No comments:

Post a Comment