Saturday, September 18, 2021

A brand-name friend

“Our wondering truth-seeks, how about tomorrow?” "It's good. where should we go?" “Let’s go to Woodstock.” 

 Woodstock is a place I visited three or four times before entering New York City every time I traveled northeast. The friend said that Woodstock, a romantic playground for hippies as a rock music festival, had wanted to go a long time ago. I added a word because I was afraid she would be disappointed while looking forward to it too much. 
"When I stopped by there more than 10 years ago, I felt a shady atmosphere in which the neighborhood was lagging." 

 We arrived at Woodstock and drove around the neighborhood. 
"It's a good thing we come here. It's better than when I saw it online". 
Come to think of it, it is more energetic than when I visited with my husband before. While walking and looking into a cute store, we entered a Japanese hat store. 
"There are a lot of pretty hats." 
The friend was excited and wore hats and looked in the mirror. 
"We said we wouldn't buy anything. Now it’s time to clean it up and sift it all out.” 
"I'm going to buy this hat. Don't stop me. I liked it as soon as I saw it. I like that hat, too." 
To the friend who is trying on another hat 
“Then buy only one. That hat is big. This one is prettier.” 
"No, That hat is pretty too.” 
I couldn't stop her anymore. Pretending to look around the other hat, I fell off my friend. A friend who would have bought two in the past bought only one and smiled at me. A shy yellow flower that has just bloomed seems to stick out its head from the brim of the hat, which has been slightly lowered. 
"Cool. It goes well with your clothes, too. You bought it well." 

 I spent my college days in the romantic era of the 70s. In fact, for four years, the fall semester was closed amid demonstrations and tear gas. It was full of confusion, including men's long hair and a miniskirt. Despite this, I followed the hippie culture that pursues my own values and individuality without being stereotyped. At that time, the word luxury goods were unfamiliar as luxury goods only existed in the upper class at the top. Longing for those days, I tried to live a life that was not chased by time and humans and pursued a life that become one with nature. As a result, although I do not have a brand-name bag or clothes, I have made a brand-name friend. 

 The friend who blooms like a flower inside a tan hat is truly a brand-name human. The sophistication that has been around her for many years comes out. Perhaps the environment and culture in which she grew up naturally made her a brand-name product? I'm proud of walking with my friend, so It's light on my steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment