Saturday, May 15, 2021

Sparkling stones

 ‘A beautiful but poor woman married a junior civil servant. Luxurious, she borrows her friend's necklace to attend a ball but loses it. Working at random to buy the same necklace, the couple's life became miserable. More than a decade later, she hears that the necklace she lent from her friend was an imitation.’ It is a short story 'necklace' of Moppa-sang. 

 I turn away a diamond because the absurd story of the 'necklace' that I read when I was young is curled up on the back of the sparkling diamonds. 

 Furthermore, I remember being disgusted when I heard that my mother quarreled that the size of the wedding ring she gave to her daughter-in-law was different in size from what my mother said after the parents of daughter-in-law assessed the size of the diamond. 

 Far from diamonds, I didn't even get a cheap wedding ring from my husband. I couldn't dare ask for a wedding ring from a poor man who couldn't afford a single meal. 

 Diamonds are, in fact, common. The reason for the high price is that inventory is limited to reduce supply. You have to spend at least two months' salary on your engagement ring. I don't know who came up with this rule, but there must have been a marketing team to increase profits. Rather, the foods my husband brings from K-town on the day I don't want to cook until the end of my relationship with my husband is better than a diamond ring. 

 Once upon a time, as if a man who went out hunting came back for a family waiting in hunger, my husband slammed the groceries and laid them down. I lifted it up with a glad expression, put it on the table, and unpack it. These are Seolleongtang, Bindaetteok, Cheonggukjang, and Mackerel. While my husband was washing up, I warmed up the bean pancake and grilled mackerel. “Let's eat the Cheonggukjang tomorrow.” Thank you so much for my husband who says that. In other words, it is a sign that I don't have to cook meals tomorrow too. 

 My husband stops by K-town every two weeks to buy newspapers and buys Korean food on Saturdays when my writings appear in newspapers. 

 “I'll deliver it often. Eat a lot. You don't use any seasonings at home, so sometimes we have to eat MSG to get a good sleep.” 
My husband removes the flesh of the mackerel, which is well grilled, and puts it in my rice bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment