Saturday, January 9, 2021

The daughter of a doctor and the daughter of a merchant

My friend's father is a doctor. Of course, her husband is also a doctor and her children are doctors, too. She is not a doctor, but she has a high standard of education. She has a lot of knowledge, but she has wisdom, so she doesn't put on airs pretending to know. She is sweet and kind. She has a deeper knowledge of literature and enjoys various cultural lives and art than me who is an artist. 

 As a merchant's daughter, I majored in art, but I don't like to talk about art. Rather, I talk more about money than art like a daughter of a tradesman. My father used to climb Namsan Mountain in the morning with a plan for a business, and he came down lightly with a solution to the plan. 
"I don't climb mountains just for my health. Walking is not only very helpful in finding solutions to problems, but it also makes your life richer." 

 Every day during the walk in the park, I go back and forth between heaven and hell in my imagination, and look for clues for artwork. However, how do I invest money like my father? Is often immersed in. To be honest, the idea of money is more interesting to me. Even among conversations with friends, the conversation about investment is more interesting and realistic than art. As a human being, the snobbery that crouches down in a corner of his mind seems to be moving. 

 "The money in your hands was born with a palm that doesn't go out." 
As the fortune-teller before coming to the U.S. said about my psychic reading. I enjoy deposit money, but I hesitate very much to take it out. Although intellectual conversation is blocked due to lack of memory of knowledge, but how much I paid for it is accurately remembered and the sound of money pricks my ears. 

 There is a saying, 'Make money like a dog and use it like minister.' However, I earn money like a dog, and I don't spend money to cultural life like my friend. I am often skeptical about myself enjoying talking about investment. My father invested in my art education in order to make a lot of money and spend it beautifully. However I grew up looking at my father's life, so I am more interested in money than art. 

 "I'm sorry. I'm always talking about money." "What are you talking about? That’s a good talk. Korean women like to talk about investment. We should invest well and make a living well." This conversation is what I was talking about on the phone with my friend last time ago. Actually, I became close because I liked seeing my friend not clinging to money but loving art and enjoying cultural life. However, I keep getting off the track. I'm afraid I'll lose a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment