Friday, January 22, 2021

Everything's fine isn’t?

 "Everything's fine isn't?” 
I asked. 
"I don't think you meant anything bad, but I don't feel good asking like that. It's a nuance that seems to want to bad thing happen because most Koreans have a stomachache when their cousins buy land. I need to see that's in the oven, so let's hang up.” 
I didn't know what to do for a while, holding onto the suddenly disconnected phone. 

  I can't believe it sounded so unpleasant! I called my sister. 
"Sister, whenever I talk to you on the phone, did you feel bad when I asked you that everything okay isn't?” 
"I felt bad for a while at first, but I understood later because I knew your character." 
"Every time I've talked to people on the phone, I've been asking, 'everything fine isn't?' They must have been upset, too. Oh, I'm sorry. I have to be careful with what I say from now on. Everything okay isn't? Goodbye." 
I said I'd be careful, but I hung up with 'everything fine isn't?' again. I can't believe I've repeated! 

  The upset one called me back that afternoon again. I ran from the kitchen and got phone quickly. 
"I thought you were upset and don't picked up the phone. I was upset because someone I knew called me yesterday and said something similar." 
"No, It's my fault for talking without thinking about other people's feelings." 
"Isn't you the youngest?" 
She asked me. 
"I'm not the youngest. Anyway, thank you for pointing out my careless way of speaking honestly. I'll be careful from now on. Everything's fine isn't?" 
I was surprised by the repeating sound that came out of my mouth again and I quietly hung up the phone. 

 I'm very reluctant to call. Even my husbands and children, I don't do it unless it's urgent. But when I get a phone call, I'm glad to answer it. I know that it is not a good thing not to contact first. But I don't call because I'm afraid I'll make a slip of the tongue. 

 Just shutting up and staying still helps the other person and me. However, I'm still talking in the newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment