Friday, February 7, 2020

I sent a thank-you card to the thief

It was a sunny day when I wanted to leave home and go somewhere. A good cook senior who lives in Leonia invited me. I took a bus 166 from the 42nd Street Terminal to New Jersey looked out the window.

As soon as exited the Lincoln Tunnel, I saw a ridge on my right. This is Weehawken, the place of Hamilton's pistol duel on a musical hit. 'What if will give the guns to politicians who fight day and night, whether in America or in Korea and let them fight in the same way did 200 years ago? Why do adults only think about fighting, telling the kids to get along? I thought for a moment that.

The senior was prepared with food such as roast meat, bachelor kimchi, cucumber kimchi, water kimchi, Japchae, stir-fried anchovies, all kinds of namul, all kinds of jeon and soybean Paste Stew. Eat well and talk well I got up around 9 p.m.

Sitting on a chair at a bus stop, I had a conversation with the senior and waited for the bus. About 15 minutes later, the bus came. I went out and waved my hand, but the bus just passed by and then stopped after a while.  At night, I got advise that have to shine a flashlight.

I took out the cash, paid for the bus fare and sat in the right seat in the middle of the bus with a wallet in hand. Somehow the seats were uncomfortable. I moved to the opposite seat on the left. The man behind me, who had been watching carefully since I got on, suddenly got up, sat down to the seat I had just sat down, and suddenly jumped up and got off the bus. I felt something wrong at the moment. I searched my handbag and found no wallet. I've searched the bottom of the bus seat, but it's not there. There is only speculation that the man might take what I put my wallet on my lap and dropped.

If the weather hadn't been good, if I hadn't go Leonia, if I hadn't followed the bus, if I had put my wallet in my handbag and if I didn't change the seat, I might not have lost it. I wish I could turn back the time, but in the end, it is the result of my lack of calm. No matter how careful I am, if the triple time that creates the problem is well matched, the things will happen.

Exactly 10 days later, I received a thick yellow envelope with five 50-cent stamps on it. The address sent is New Jersey. There was a note that said had picked up my wallet on the bus. Only cash was gone and everything was the same. I felt thank so much. I thought about how to express my gratitude all night. The next morning, I drew a drawing of the size of a card. And I wrote a long letter of thanks on the back.

Who is person? What does the person look like who sent the wallet with all his heart? I was so curious. I searched him on Google. A face came out. If my eyes were wrong, I wouldn't know. It's the man who looked at me when I boarded the bus. The moment our eyes met each other, I was wondering if I knew him so I looked at him again, as if to confirm.

No. Absolutely it is not. It is my illusion. My mental twisted strangely. Why do I so crazy that as if I'm facing the sun rising from the west? Myself annoyed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment