Saturday, February 22, 2020

Heavy rain, wind, and heat

I woke up on the cars horn. It used to be annoying me, but why do I feel so friendly? I am relaxed by the freedom that I am back in the middle of the city where I can walk around briskly on my feet.

On the way to the Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica, I looked at the fields spread out below the hill. The wind was so nice. How many times have I encountered such a good wind in my life? Everything I see was green. The deep primary colors of wild flowers that bloom in the green leaves are dazzling. It was also fascinating to see birds wagging their pink tails between dark black feathers' gaps.

Arrived at the volcano hot spring resort. I couldn't sleep all night in the pouring rain. It rained continuously the next day. As I was soaking in the hot spring in the rain, I felt unhappy because I doubted whether it was hot spring water or rainwater.

Moved to Monteverde Cloud Forest. The wind was blowing hard. My small body shook so I couldn't walk properly. The wind blew all night. I thought the wind would stop the next day, but it still blew.  Perhaps that's why the streets were neat. Once I went to a emergency because a tiny stone got into my eye. I remembered that I had waited in pain without getting treatment quickly. My husband says the reason is I have a low nose. I was afraid to go out.

Moved to Guanacaste Beach. It is a resort hotel right in front of the beach. There is no humidity, but the sun was a burning and heat flower appeared on my body and itchy. The sand is dark. It's because of volcanic sand. The resort didn't fit me who only tanned without enjoying golf or head-to-water play. Without the car, had to be trapped inside the resort. I couldn't even look around the neighborhood or ate the mainland food. I was with most Americans every day. In short, it was like a luxurious prison.

I heard retired Americans are living on the beach, so I wanted to go to see. I made a reservation with a good a review travel agency. However, it was not easy to control my mind because prices were similar to New York and the climate was so rainy, windy and hot that it was not easy to live. The travel agency received guests like me and handed over the hotel to Expedia and the transfer handed over to a local travel agency. The tourism industry is good. The sight of a pickup van that shows up on time was worth clapping hands. However, the upgraded hotel was in a place where local residents could not reach it. I didn't have anything to say about my son who said, had booked there because it seemed to be comfortable for mom and dad to be in a safe place.

When I came home from being locked up in a resort, I was happy as if I were out of a cage. The street noise was also pleasing to me. I am definitely not a resort constitution. It is a constitution that has to go around the bustling city on my feet. If I close the apartment door, I can stay in a quiet space. Isn't it a resort in a big city?  When I open the door and go out, the city that can walk lively with both feet makes me comfortable. The more I travel, the more I love New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment