Saturday, July 14, 2018

The dawn scene


As soon as I finish washing the dishes in the evening, I lie down and open a book. I fall asleep after dozing off at around 9:00 p.m. Sometimes I fall asleep at 8 p.m. I toss and turn with useless thoughts, and open my eyes at around 4:00 am.

I get up and look out the window. I count how many apartments are lit across the street and in the surrounding buildings. If people are visible on the roadside, I fix my gaze until they disappear. At that time, they are standing in the street with huge bags, as if they are waiting for a taxi to the airport.

If I see a white person standing around with suitcases, I think they are going home to Poland. This is because I often saw people going to the airport at dawn by dragging their big bags in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. A polish friend who lives next door takes a lot of stuff every time she visits her hometown. Once, she could not drag several luggage into a small bathroom at the airport and she was too nervous to leave them with someone else, so it was a big problem. It is a story of falling in love with American products just like us.  

If a person who is a firm character and well sunburnt is waiting for a taxi with large bags, I think that it might be a person who goes to Central America. And it reminds me of a story I heard from someone.

'In the lush small village of Central America, there is a neighbor living together with dogs, pigs, chickens, geese and the whole family on a straw under a flat roof about the size of a one room. Wake up in the morning, animals, children go around looking for their own food, not for anyone to feed and care for. In the evening, they return to their home instinct and live peacefully in a small space without fighting loudly.’

'When a man who lives with her leaves, She doesn’t blame him, and a new man comes and lives with the children left behind because of the need of each other. One son was born in relationship with husband and the other son was born in relationship with older children, and refutes, 'How can a man do that?' There is a world that cannot be talked about by the human made discipline or the Confucian moral standards.

'People think of 50,000 things a day. However, only 10% of them are useful, and the rest are useless. "I walk around the window from dawn until the sunrise. How much wasted time do I spend?

No comments:

Post a Comment