Saturday, July 28, 2018

That's bad timing

Things I do rarely work out at once. If I try to push and pull hard it three or four times, it will end up, but the process is difficult and tiring. I don’t necessarily have to fulfill what happened to me. So I do not respond and leave it alone.  

Not long ago, the day I woke up around 4 am, my friend got up early too. She was tired of the early morning service at church near the University of Colombia at 5:30 am. I was very glad to hear that there were four people who came to the church the day my friend attended.

I have attended kindergarten and junior high school run by the Methodist foundation. When I was in college, I went to the Presbyterian Church in Jeong-dong, accompanied by a nice lady next door who had been evacuated from Hamgyeongdo. It was an excuse to go to Apple Salon across the street after church to meet my friends. I went to the Baptist Church in Pil-dong with older alumnus. Also I went to a church in Yeouid three or four times along with my friend who graduated from Yonsei Theology Department. Instead of going by faith, it was like going to Gangnam with friends.

After I came to the United States, I went to a church in Queens, where father handed it over to his son with the neighboring lady. I also attended a church with mostly believers Argentina, which was located in Flushing. I went to a church on the roadside of Whitestone Expressway. I almost took root because I liked the pastor. However, I stopped going to the church because the female believers keep contacting and asking me to come to the meeting.

I attended a church on the side of the railroad in Queens. I was hoping to pick me up when I didn’t have a car, but I gave up because the church van could not come to Brooklyn. Now it's turned into an expensive town where it's not easy to stick your feet, but at that time most Korean people knew Brooklyn as dangerous neighborhood. I go to a cathedral and bedsit temple to pray when I get a chance.

I do not like to go to crowded places. Especially, the believers I meet in the church will approach me to go to the district worship service, I would quietly disappear. Eventually I got used to sleeping on a leisurely Sunday. But the early morning worship my friend told me about seems to be my style for some reason. It is a good distance for a forth-block round trip walk from home. And it is morning that we should go quickly after worship and it is not gathering of many people.

Early dawn, what if the church door is closed? I approached. The red door is wide open. I like the red door. God seemed to welcome me as I wandered. However, the pastor was absent. I prayed for a long time. It was my first early morning worship ...

I walked quietly on the dawn road, seemed to be left alone in this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment