Friday, June 29, 2018

Follow friends

I have a friend who strolls about three times a month for about two hours with me at Riverside Park. She asks me if I could come out for a walk, or I ask her and meet on the way. These days, we sit on a wooden bench with a name tag called "Maggie Smith", looking at a rarely seen river, in a dense forest.

While I was traveling, she sat alone in the Maggie Smith chair for about half hours, then came home and did not have a wallet and a cell phone. Since she took a picture there, she must have left it there. She ran like hell and it made her feel at ease when a man sat in the same chair and read a book. Her belongings were next to him. She was so grateful to him that he had been sitting with her valuables! She told me that she had a conversation with the man about lived in the world for a while. What a beautiful world! A man waiting to read a book and understand the owner who lost her valuables!

It added that in the past, she also had been waiting for some to pick up valuables that had left. Maybe someone remembered her good deed and gave it back to her?  

I can’t help but feel the urge to follow her story. She is opening her mind, observing nature and making her life look curious in this harsh New York life.

One day on a sunny day, I watched the Hudson River and did suntan on the lawn. It was evening, and I got up and walked toward the home. I saw a small black bag lying on the grass. I hung it on a noticeable branch. I was trying to walk home, but I remembered the story of a friend I heard a while ago. I looked at the bag hanging on the branches and wondered what to do.

When I opened the bag to see if there was contact information, I found a bunch of keys and $ 25, and a store discount card, which is familiar to me as an artist. This city is full of artists. If someone who lost the keys go home and open the door, will definitely look for the key. I’ve been waiting for a while, a woman of my age was coming to me in a hurry. I raised my hand and signaled to come. She hugged me for a long time that she was so happy to find the black bag. I was more thankful to her for coming back in an hour. If she did not come, it would have been more of a consideration to what to do with it.

Watching the sunset falling to the Hudson River, I felt great for a day filled with pride and warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment