Friday, February 23, 2018

Parasite-like

If something happens, I am ready for battle.

At the end of last November, I renewed the Obama health insurance. But the bill did not come. If I called an insurance company, it said a New York state problem, and if I contacted New York State, it said a problem with an insurance company billing system.

No matter how hard I tried, it didn’t solve. I went to see if I could solve it if I consulted with Korean agency. When I talked to a Korean agency, first of all, if I pay the premium, she’ll take care of it. And I paid for it. But the insurance did not work.

I called her for help. “My sister, I have a guest and I'll call you in ten minutes.” I haven’t heard from her. I called again. “I'll call you back, sister.” I called her three or four times, but I never heard from her.

I should have noticed when she pretended to be close and call me "sister, sister." 'I forgot my father' s words, saying, “you should be careful if someone you don’t know approaches with sister.” It is also wrong to believe that she is a Korean like me. I felt disillusioned with unexpected relationship in my life.

I ran around and dialed to solve the problem. However, I received the wrong amount of bills in early February. I want to give up Obama health insurance. But without insurance, I have to pay a fine and what if something happens without insurance? I cannot live with worry. I have become frustrated by US health insurance system, which secretes fines, and insurance companies that raise prices every year, and with credit-less agencies.

I almost fell victim to the lawyer's temptation to approach older Asians who lack English. However, my husband and I fought the lawyer by using all sort of hardships we had experience in our long immigrant life. After three months of retreating and assaulting, the lawyer, who had treated the powerless Asians as a jock, fell into his own trap.

Compared to the battle with a lawyer, this is not a big deal. I am just tired of confusion in the process of solving the problem. 

The news that was most pleasing this year was Berkshire Hathaway and JP Morgan Chase led by Amazon and Warren Buffett were creating a new company that can afford low-cost health insurance. Warren Buffett pointed out, "Soaring health insurance is like a hungry parasite in the US economy.

I will look forward to not dealing with parasites soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment