Friday, February 26, 2016

My sons, when I get old

It has passed many days since I got off the ship, but in my dream I am still wandering on the ship.

I took a cruise to avoid the hectic of the year such as parties, gifts, cards and New Year greetings. The old man is carried out in an ambulance bed when we are about to climb aboard. Unsurprisingly there are a lot of older people compared to other cruises. Of course there were younger people than us and there was a wedding.

As soon as two of grandfathers met at the buffet, they raised their canes and pretending to be a cheerful fencing! There is also a grandmother who relies on a tall cane that seems to carry a mountain sprit, saying, “My late husband made it for me.” Sometimes, ‘The medical team!’ The medical team!' And the emergency bell rang. "It seems this this ship has been misplaced,” said my husband.

"Have you seen my husband?" A grandmother asks me while I was putting food on the plate at the buffet. "You were just eating with your husband weren’t you?” "I have been married for 75 years and have lost my husband." It means that if she has been married for 75 years, she is almost 100 years old. What seems to be around 80 years old is the onset of dementia. I imagined that did her husband get her on a cruise that she couldn’t go out to lose?

The grandmother I met at the spa goes around Africa two and a half months after I get off. When I asked her if she is bored, she said, "I am scare to die alone at home no one is looking at it. I enjoy talking to people on a boat that is always ready for food and clean up frequently. If you stay at home when you get old enough, you'll call someone to clean and cook.” She also said, “while paying attention to miscellaneous matter, it would be cheaper to live on the cruise.

Cruise is a superficial journey. It is not possible to enjoy the culture staying in one place. However, the taste that imagines the harbor to anchor the next day before going to bed, the space where I can spend a long time reading books without a phone and a computer. Also air is good and I can eat and sleep well.

I heard that one of the lottery couples went into hiding a cruise to disconnect from the outside. They come to the port where they sometimes dock and meet their children.

In the distant future, is not it too far? My sons, “When mom gets old and less energetic, why don’t you guys throw me into the cruise? If you want to meet me, you come to the harbor and it's okay if you do not come to see me.” Both of sons are speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment