Friday, February 12, 2016

At the son’s place

As children, my sons kept holding my hand tightly and following me, so that I would not lose my children. When I went to see my younger son who lived in Japan last time, I snooped around in Japan without letting go of his hand as my son tried to when he was a child. Then I stayed in the place where he lives for a week. Just imagination is the joy of being in same space with my beloved son.

He lived on a mountaintop with a river on either side in the country. He lived like a Buddhist monk who lived in a place under the sky where he could take a star, the sound of insects. There was nothing but sunshine all day in the south living room. The bedroom that is a tatami was covered with a thick mattress. He put another one up as if I were to come.  

"Mom, are you crying?" "How come you are lonely alone in a mountain like this?" "Let's go to New York." New York is also a lonely place too. I like being quiet alone. If I want to go to New York, I can go anytime. "

When he was hungry, he ate it quietly and went on a bicycle to work. He came home and saw a computer or read books. I could not talk needlessly to him who only reads books without any sound or rattle when I went into the kitchen. I had no choice but to sleep on tatami. How could I sleep so long! The fatigue of travel went away completely.

At home, I didn’t not notice my husband, I talked my way up, I made a mess and I acted my own way, but I had to be as quiet as I did not want my son to do what he disliked. When he was working, I cleaned and washed his clothes and sat in the sun and drank tea. Quiet like my son. It seems to be silent meditation. My head cleared.

A long time ago, I remember when I went to my brother 's house with my father. My father said, "It’s just the second time I visited to my son’s house even if I bought for him 20 years ago." "Why, do not you come too often?" "I feel uncomfortable with each other to see very often.” He added that people should stay in their place to feel comfortable.

I have a terrible temper husband, but I can’t believe how comfortable it is to live my man. Don’t even pry into my son’s house.

No comments:

Post a Comment