Friday, April 6, 2012

Two people I met in a strange place

"Are you sure this train is going to the Rome terminal?" It was when I asked to my husband riding the last compartment of the train that was about to leave for Rome at the Leonardo da Vinci airport, Italian.

"Mom." Suddenly, my son jumps up from the front seat and call me. In a TV drama, we run into each other by accident, but I never expected actually meet my son in a few months in such a distant country.

The son, who is studying abroad for a semester in Florence, was on his way back to school after spending the holidays in Barcelona, Spain. My husband and I were going to meet him in Venice four days later. Without In no time to be pleased, "Mom, I don't have any money because I lost my wallet."

"I'll change it to Euro, so let's go to the hotel and have lunch together." He frowned and said, "I'm tired. I'm just going." I gave him a few hundreds of dollars and broke up at the terminal grunting, 'You're a cold-hearted bastard.'

Four days later, my husband and I met my son in Venice. Unlike a trip to Rome, which had to be looked around at the map, it was comfortable to follow the directions of him. In any case, he accepted the situation to run smoothly without bumps.

When I asked, "Isn’t this wrong?" he pretended to be cool, saying, "Let’s not waste energy on nothing. I felt a sense of distance when I saw the image of a different child from the image of him at home.

As soon as we came to Florence, he hurried back to school asking us to email if we needed him. Thinking of the countless sorrows in red roof that close to one another attache our couple sat silent by the window until the sun went down.

The next day, we visited Cinque Terre village, where the seaside cliffs are more than two hours away by train from Florence. On the way back, the train stopped for more than 40 minutes at the Pisa stop. Suddenly people woke up saying they had to change to another train. At that time, an Asian young man asked us, "Are you Korean?" We switched trains at his guidance, and we sat diagonally. He sat on right front seat and we sat on the left back seat.

The figure of him that took out a hand purse and a belt bought for his parents, looked at it was reflection through the dark night window. When our couple said good-bye to get off, he asked, "Where were you going in Florence."

He said, "Florence has another stop besides Santa Maria's." My husband and I would have wandered through the night if he hadn't told us. We got off the station and walked with him. I saw him standing for a while, not going as if to check whether we're going right direction.

Throughout the trip, I was wondering if I might see the kind young man again, but I never met him again. I left Florence after sending an email to my son saying, ‘See you in New York, Chao.’

On the train tracks to the Rome terminal, the dark scarlet was piercing into the eyes. The vivid scarlet stimulated me up in the ruins like the bloodstains of Caesar, who died while sprinkling blood on his fellow swords on the steps of the synagogue. Sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment