Friday, April 22, 2011

The coins story

"Your voice is bright, I guess there's lots of coins are rolling in your house these days." That's what my friend in Seoul said to me. "It's all in the past, but dog habits die hard. Whenever I still go to someone's house and see the lots of coins in the glass bottle, “I guess this house's living is still running well and I feel comfortable."

Here in the U.S., when money starts to dry out at home, it's hard to watch a penny as if one's mouth is burning in the desert. This is because the U.S. does not talk about money even between father and son.

 I guess my friend remembered my old story of living that I scavenge all the pockets in the closet to find the coins. Depending on the tone of my voice, she say hello with my coin story.

Picasso, who settled in Paris as a young man and was suffering from extreme poverty, had no shoes, so he could go out only when his lover returned. As if Picasso, I used to look for coins for my husband's outing. I looked for all the pockets in the closet, but let alone paper money, but also there were no coins. My husband used to walk shaking the coins in his old coat. I felt sorry he walking with his head down to see if he was looking for the coins on the street.

There has been several coin blessings intertwined with the husband's pay phone. In the hot summer, my husband went to get a job. As soon as I put a coin in a public phone booth standing on a quiet street, a few dollars worth of 25-cent coins flowed out. Another time, coins poured out like a jackpot from a public phone at a tavern next to the workplace. He was surprised and puts his chest in a slot and quickly looked around and he swept up about $10 worth of coins into his jacket.

There was another coins jackpot. We got a studio on condition that we would repair it to save rent. When we removed a box of yellow spaghetti from the old cupboard at one corner of the studio, two black pepper cans appeared. When we opened it with some gruesomeness, the silver coins of the 4-50s were full of it. Sometimes I recall the memories of desperate times I was to get everything out and use them.

A friend who asked me how I am doing with a coin story became a doctor instead of going to the art college due to opposition from his parents. And she met her husband who is a doctor and live well in Gangnam.

How about a well-earned doctor and wife's life? How happy would they be? I was so curious that I asked, "How much and how well do you live?" "Well, when the money came together, I bought the luxury items at first. When it waned, I traveled abroad and played golf. And then when I lost interest in it, I went to a concert. But these days, I've come to the point of collecting art. Your husband's paintings are very expensive. I should have bought it for a long time ago. I regret it."

 André Malraux of the French Minister of Culture took a tour of the 'Washing Line' of Montmartre Hill, with young artists. And designated it as a historical monument. Picasso next to him muttered, when we were having a hard time, why didn't help us in advance.

Suddenly, unconscious, my nose ridge is going up and said, "Too late!"

No comments:

Post a Comment