Friday, April 8, 2011

On order a cup of coffee

“Mom, don’t answer the phone.” “Why? Did you fight? Don't hurt a girl. Don't tell her first until the girl says should break up first."

Maybe it's time for my son to break up with his girlfriend. But why does my son who doesn't answer the call is being so mean and my heart bitter?

Where did I see him?’ I don’t think I know him, and he looks familiar. I was surprised to see a man I met while entering the TOEFL exam hall at Yonsei University. Sharp jaws, intelligent, indifferent eyes, no big or small height, the man was my ideal type I fell in love with him at first sight, not someone I knew.

After the test, I looked a glance at him and dragged the time. "Did you do well on your exam?" he asked. I didn't expect he to talk to me. I shook my head from side to side in surprise and only smiled. "Where do you go to study?" "New York." "Where?" "Chicago."

When he noticed my attention, he immediately said, "Would you like a cup of tea?" I was more surprised and hesitated for a moment, and then shook my head up and down. He ordered coffee and I said, "Coffee." In fact, I don't enjoy coffee because it quickens my pulse and makes me dizzy.

I picked up the cup of coffee. My hands shook and nearly spilled coffee. I managed to take a sip and put it down. I picked up my coffee cup again, but my hands were shaking with the faster heartbeat, so I couldn't bring the cup to my mouth. The trembling teacup has been safely placed on the cup stand, with a rattling sound, but he seemed to see and heard it. I couldn't lift my head. I was just looking at the flower patterns drawn in the teacup. He hesitated for a moment and asked, "can you give me your phone number?" he wrote down my number I was telling. He stood up, saying he would call soon. My legs trembled and I couldn't stand up.

The first day back home, I was excited and made a fuss cleaning my room after a long time. The next day, listening attentively to the ringing of the phone, If things go well, we will study abroad together. I looked for if there is a good art university in Chicago. From the third day, I strolled around the phone. The phone rang. I hung up quickly disappointed by the friend's voice and making the excuse that I was busy. On the fourth day, I picked up the phone and checked if it had broken down. On the fifth day, did I get so embarrassed that I gave him the wrong my number? Or he had written wrong number. I began to feel uneasy.  On the sixth day, when I picked up the phone, there was no sound. The telephone was really out of order. After fixing the phone, it was the ninth day after meeting the man.

'He must have called on the seventh day. No, he said he'd call me. No." I put on a blanket and had a haphazard conception. The phone rang in the distance in a dreamy state that seemed to have been asleep or awake. "Do you have any phone call?" "No." "I’m sure I heard a phone ringing." I hung out for a few days waiting anxiously for the call.

I've lost weight in the bed so could not see me if I is there or not. "What's wrong? Did you get dumped? Tell me. You're going to die. Get up~." I just cried without saying anything. What's wrong with your hair? Go and get your hair done, buy clothes and play.

"What should I do with your hair?" "Make like Michael Jackson's hair." Afro style in the late 70s was the way to abuse me to the utmost.

No comments:

Post a Comment