Friday, November 4, 2022

I'm not single

"Honey, honey."
I called three or four times, but there was no answer. I barely opened my eyes and looked over the drawer in front of the bed, and there were no socks and underwear. My husband already took a bath, changed his underwear, and went to work in the studio. Looking at the clock, it is half past six. When my husband cooks oatmeal and eats it, gets ready for work, I wake up, I make his lunch box with the food I left for the night before. I fell asleep today and didn't hear anything.

“Get some rest. Don't overdo it.”
My husband's name, who often tells me, is 'IL(job) LEE'. True to the name, my husband works from the moment he wakes up until he goes to bed. Does the human lifestyle follow its name? My son's name is Dain. The name Dain means to live being a good person with drinking tea leisurely. The child moves non-stop, perhaps because he grew up seeing his father working from a young age, unlike his name. He immediately took a new job because it was harder to take a break even when changing jobs.

My grandmother-in-law and parents-in-law, who worked from 4am, they used to say
"If you die, you will rot, so you have to move non stop until you can move."
It seems to make more sense for people to live according to what they have seen, heard, and grown rather than living according to their name.

Resembling my father, I work when I work and play hard when I play. It's not easy to get my husband out to play. Even on the beach where he reluctantly followed, he does not change into a swimsuit and reads books in the shade. At least my husband likes to go on a cruise. His intention is to release me in the ship and draw while looking at the sea from the veranda. Because I met my husband who was always want to work, It's my destiny who wandered around as if I was single in search of entertainment on my own even on a cruise

Is it because I'm always alone? One day, on the street near my house, a good looking man
"Hi, nice to see you. How have you been?”
He was so glad and talked to me as if he knew me well, so I looked closely. He's a complete stranger.
"I don't know you. You seem to have seen the wrong person."
I was going to leave after saying that
"I saw you at the Paris Baguette."
"I don't work at that bakery."
"I know. I've seen you many times. Wait, let's go into the Paris Baguette across the street and have a coffee and talk."
"Sorry, I'm not single. I have a husband."

I told my husband who came back from work.
"People think I'm single because I always go around alone. It's because you're stuck in the studio."
"Why didn't you chat with the man over coffee?"
"Are you crazy? There's a chance that gigolo will rip off some of our hard-earned wealth. Why would a good looking guy do that to an old woman like me? It's better to just think of you as a money-making machine and live like a single. But it's kind of weird. To an old me who doesn't even wear luxury brand name clothes. Isn't it a gigolo?"

No comments:

Post a Comment