Saturday, October 31, 2020

Aristophanes' hiccups

“Play Na Hoon-a’s ‘Mr. Tes’ song.” My husband's urging me “Your favorite song is different from what I like. All of his tunes are the same.” I don't want to hear the song but I don't want to ruin my dinner table with my husband, I held back and played the song on YouTube. 'I am grateful for today to come anyway, I am afraid of tomorrow also coming anyway. Ah! Mr. Tes, why is it so hard to live on, Why so hard Ah! Mr. Socrates, why is it so hard to fall in love.’ 

 "It's a song called Mr. Tes, the lyrics are so good. Listen.” A friend sent me a video via KakaoTalk. I erased it as soon as I received it. Wow! It's annoying. Why is everyone asking me to listen to a song called Mr. Tes? At the moment, did I ever read a book about Socrates? At least Na Hoon-a read the book, so wouldn't he have written the lyrics of the song? 

 Whenever I watch a big black piano that occupies a living room in each house, the children quickly avoid around the piano, because they are afraid that their mother will tell them to practice the piano. I also didn't want to read a book about Socrates as if children were avoiding the piano. In the end, only after the song Mr. Tes was released, I start read the ‘Plato's dialogue, Socrates' Excuse. Krypton.Phaidon.Feast. The book beginning with ‘Athens People’ overturned my expectations and the pages of the book turned over easily. 

 Alcibiades, who was a disciple of Socrates and was rumored to have been in a relationship, said that "whenever I hear Socrates' words, I feel like an inspired of god, my heart is pounding like crazy, and tears flow down. If I’m sitting next to him, I won't die of a natural death" But for me, the book is difficult to capture Socrates' idea of philosophy only through dialogue without leaving any writing. 

 At the Feast, Socrates and his friends gathered at a drinking party talk about Eros one by one. It was the turn of Aristophanes, who said that Eros was a desire to find his half and achieve perfection. 'He is the next in line to speak, but he is undergoing an attack of the hiccups and is unable to speak. He asks Eryximachus, the doctor, to speak in his place. Eryximachus agrees to make a speech now so that Aristophanes can speak afterward, when his hiccups are gone and he said to Aristophanes, you've been holding your breath for a while. If that doesn't stop, keep water in your mouth and rinse your mouth. When hiccups are severe, take something to tickle your nose and sneeze.' 

 As I blaming myself for remembering only the comical part about hiccups the moment I closed the book, I barely finished the ‘Socrates’ Excuse.Krypton.Phaidon.Feast,’ as if doing homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment