Saturday, July 11, 2020

The pleasure of picking anchovy dung

There is no one who calls my nicknames now, but I had many nicknames. Acorns, cucumbers, cactus, Mrs. Cash, Mrs. Dumpling, Lee Preparation and Mrs. Solitary that given by myself

Acorn and cucumber given by my appearance, the Cactus was called by my daily life looking out the window with a prickly appearance without going out.

Whenever I went to my parents' home in Seoul, my father asked, "What should I buy for you?" My answer was unconditionally, "Give me cash." When my father-in-law said that he would buy a diamond as a wedding ring, I said, "Can I have a cash?" We didn't have a TV in our house because I've been trying to children a habit of reading books since they were kids. When my family visited the in-law house in LA, the children did not go out to play, but were watching the TV.  Father-in-law kicked his tongue out and said, “there should be a TV in the house.” and offered to buy it for us. I said, "If you give me cash, I will buy it." He said, "No." He bought a TV and put it on a plane.  So my nickname given by the family is Mrs. Cash.

I can make dumplings in a short amount of time that I can't count them with my quick hands. Of course, the taste of dumplings is always jagged. This is because it is made by mixing leftover ingredients to clean the refrigerator. Whenever I go to the in-law house and it's a nickname given to me because my mother-in-law said, "Madame Dumpling, you should show off your skills."

I don't put off till tomorrow what I have to do today unless I'm sick. If I postpone it, I'll feel a little rough. Every time an idea comes to mind, I write in advance what will be in the newspaper. Never in 12 years have I sent a article late to a newspaper. So my other nickname is Lee preparation.

Others, including husbands, gave the above nicknames. These days, I have a nickname that I gave myself after observing myself closely. I'm alone in the day and night. It is neither lonely nor boring, because I keep doing something continues. I keep drawing, writing and reading. If I don't have anything to do, find a hair that falls on the floor and attach it to a tape or pick anchovy shit.

When I take the head off the twisted dried anchovy and cut the stomach to clean up the inside, the thoughts about the old days and the future that were latent in the corner of my mind come up. Time flies when I'm absorbed in thought. Cook the anchovies in a micro oven for a while, then chop the hot green pepper into small pieces and mix it in a sauce with hot pepper paste. If I eat with hot mixed grain rice, my belly will get fat.

Nowadays, countless lives are disappearing; I have to hold on to this little thing and hummed. Who can please me!

No comments:

Post a Comment