Friday, September 6, 2019

A woman who is five seconds slow

I hate to step up and lead in any meeting. Maybe that's why I prefer meeting people younger than me. It's convenient to do as young people are told. I follow them where they want to go. All I have to do is follow them well. There's nothing good and bad about it. 'It doesn't matter.' is my way of coping with interpersonal relationships.

Meeting with elder was burdensome for me to take them lead. But these days, elder knows a lot more than before. Thanks to YouTube. Retired and free from time and money, they constantly bring me everything. So it's a loss if I don't meet.

A mat was placed under a park tree with a clear view of the sea. Two seniors and I lay down. The wind flutters around my body and clouds were painting in the distant sky. It's about early fall. "Here is heaven. Thank God, led us to such a nice place." Hallelujah! In fact, the two, who are church enthusiasts, I said a word before they mentioned 'You have to go to church.' And quickly untie a bundle of laughter that was stored on my hand phone.

Two old ladies were talking to each other. After asking each other's regards, an old lady asked. 'How's your husband?' 'He died last week. He went out to pick some lettuce for dinner and he had a heart attack." "Oh no! So what did you do?" "What's the big deal? I just bought it at the market and ate it."

One of the seniors laughed aloud. Normally, 5 seconds slow senior tilted her head. When I was a teacher, I stood in a platform and looked at the children's eyes, I could tell the difference between a child who understood and a child who didn't understand me. 'That why there is a platform.' I remembered the early days when I admired it.

"You don't understand, do you?" She said she noticed it only then. I had to see if slow senior was following me by unraveling the other bundle of laughter. The quick-understood senior was good at dealing with the situation. And she asked me to text her to tell her friends. Besides, she doesn't realize she's five seconds slow and said, "That's what comedian Poppeye Lee Sang-yong told." Five seconds is a very short moment. But what happens if 5 seconds stack up and pile up?

I turned my eyes to the mat flower pattern. It looks as if there is no matte pattern. Back then; when I lay on a mat spread over the country house's floor and looked at the scarlet persimmons on the back garden with sleepy eyes, it was heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment