Saturday, August 24, 2019

Sun tanning addiction

If the weather is over 85 degrees, I want to run to the beach.

A long time ago, when I first started tanning, I wore a one-piece swimsuit that would hide as much as I could. And then, I wore a one-piece swimsuit that reveals a little. Eventually I changed to a bikini. Now, I wear a bikini that only has a line. How good would it be if my body shape got better this were? This is because of increased exposure. Depending on the appearance of the swimsuit, the color of my body also gradually changed to dark brown.

I pose to take off the clothes on the impulse to jump in when I see the water. Now, my husband, who used to say, "cover you up." has gave up and has no words at all. He must have admitted he couldn't help it because all of my family members love water.

I got married in LA on a very hot day in late July. In Seoul and New York, my parents and younger sister came to LA to attend the wedding. My father who was looking at the pool in the back yard of my in-law's house, jumped into the water without hesitation. And he asked my mom to come in. Next, my younger sister and I followed suit. My in-laws stared at us from outside the pool with surprise. My father-in-law came into the water, wondering if he could not help it.

I knew later, but no one in the family knows how to swim except for two brothers-in-law. And in-laws don't go into the pool. My mother-in-law used to say, "it usually costs a lot of money to maintain swimming pools." only saying, "let's overthrow it."

Sun tanning definitely speed up aging. This is because the salted body is exposed to the sun and then pickled again in seawater and dried in the sun. It is no exaggeration to say that it is like Pollack hanging from deokjang in winter, freezing and melting in the cold wind repeatedly, and twisted and shriveled. Even I want to go to a warm place in the winter and tan it again, so it's an addiction.

When I come out of the water and lie down on the hot sand, my body collapses like it's buried in the sand. I am relieved of the fatigue that I have accumulated, when I wake up after a nap. While asleep, the sun intensively drops my body that is not moving and turns it dark. I think I tan the most when I sleep.

"Mom, please put some suntan cream on the bottom of your feet and behind your ears. If you don't, you'll get skin cancer." I do suntan again and again while listening to the nagging of the children. I guess I'm born with suntan addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment