Saturday, February 23, 2019

Minimal Life

I lived in a minimal life. It means a simple life, a lifestyle that only owns what's necessary, but in real life, you don't

In my case, I couldn't buy what I wanted because I have been so poor since I got married. Even after we have financial resources, we live without much inconvenience as our habit of living without things has become.

Last winter, I sold my car before it snowed. I handed it over to CarMax in Connecticut. As I was coming home on a train, my shoulders were as light as I could fly. Why haven't I lived without a car so far? I regretted the worries that I had poured into the car and the cost.

There was no parking lot. I was anxious as my husband searched for a place to park at night. Not to mention Manhattan where we live, Brooklyn, where the studio is, is also on the construction due to the boom in redevelopment, making it increasingly difficult to stop the car. I couldn't pull out the car because I was afraid that I might miss the parking spot. The car's almost parked on the side of the road and I walked and took the subway or a taxi.

One of my neighbors in Manhattan has a chauffeur. A chauffeur who lives in Jersey drives to Manhattan in the morning, and he pulls out his owner's car that parked in the street to park his car. The chauffeur take owner's children to school, pick them up, and put them on extracurricular activities after school, then he pulls out his car that parked in the street to park his owner car.

I bought too expensive car to get a tax break. When I sold my previous cheap car, which was a filial daughter without any trouble, I looked back and wet my eyes in the hope that this old, cheap car will meet its new owner and roll around. But this expensive car will take care very well by new owner.

After sold my car has eliminated the maintenance costs associated with loans, insurance, E-z pass, AAA membership, gas and tagging costs. Whenever I go on a travel, I don't even have JFK long-term parking fees. And I don't have to pay any more attention to all those documents. It’s so good and happy and free.

I wonder if there's anything else to sell. I look through the monthly bill and find something to get rid of. I also consolidated several separate retirement pensions.

I have been working hard since the end of last year to start the New Year without any pressure. So I bought two clothes during the sale as a prize for me. The clothes keep piling up. I will have a good winter and clean up my clothes in spring.

I don't have to clean it if I don't buy it, but…

No comments:

Post a Comment