Saturday, September 8, 2018

If suffer, become mature

Most parents would, but I also poured a bunch of money into my son with energy on my youth. However, the son is serious about making yakisoba in front of a hot fire. If he neglects it a little, it will end up in the wrong direction. Have I been working for a long time to see a hard working son in the kitchen?

He quit his job in Japan and came back to New York to find a safe job at the university at the end of the park where I go for a walk every day. If it was a good day, we could eat lunch together at a restaurant with good reviews and we had a walk.

"Mom, I'm bored with what I'm doing now, so I’m going switch to something else," said my son, looking carefully at my attention. "What are you going to do?" "I’d like to have a Japanese restaurant with partner." "Restaurant, it's not easy. Your chef paternal grandfather did run a lot of restaurants and all had failed.”

He is silent. I am so careful if he is calm. "Well, what can I do? You have to do what you want to do. I’m sure you will learn a lot. Do whatever you want."

In my life, which is well without worry and stress, 'What if the restaurant is failed?' I woke up suddenly, I used to fall asleep thinking, ‘He is young, and so he can get another job again.’

He practiced Japanese cuisine with a Japanese partner for six months and opened a Japanese fast food restaurant in East Village on July 21 last year, our wedding anniversary. It was a hotter day than my wedding day. I didn’t have appetite to eat the yakisoba made by him. My eyes were full of tears as I watched him who was working and sweating in front of the fire.

He worked 15 hours a day, seven days a week, without a day off. The restaurant went well. "Are you all right? Isn’t it hard?” He answered, “I meet a lot of people and have fun." I tried to forget without even contacting him. I went to the restaurant after a long time. His cheeks were deep and emaciated. "Why are you so skinny?" "I'm busy and I do not have time to eat.” What if he gets sick? There was another worry about that.

He left the restaurant that worked for eight months. "Mom, I do not think anyone is doing the restaurant. It was too hard." My son who enumerates the tough story of the past was not he before.

He immediately got a job that worked eight hours a day five days a week. He rides the ferry to work on Wall Street. He grew up from suffered and my anxiety disappeared. I remembered my father, who was saying, 'you’ve suffered in America and you’ve matured.

No comments:

Post a Comment