Saturday, September 22, 2018

Midnight in Kingston

I always end up with the last wave when I get a chance to have a party. Even if everyone dies, it seems that I have many opportunities to live forever, but it is not true. I recall the scenes, places, and stories I enjoyed with my friends, and then I sometimes think of them and laugh.

In my favorite meeting, my seniors held a pajama party for one night and two days. Eight out of 13 people stay an all-night. The senior prepared a lot of food. She just asked us to bring a bottle of wine. Her husband, who is a retired doctor, took care of us comfortably. We were just overwhelmed with awe.

In the past, I went a movie theater near the senior 's house with some of my acquaintances. It was Woody Allen's ‘Midnight in Paris.’ The movie begins with the scenery of rainy Paris, and the story about an American writer who has a difficult time traveling to Paris and having a walk one night going beyond the times.

After seeing the movie, I can’t forget the kindness the doctor who guided to the lobster restaurant stripped off the lobster shell and kept putting it on each person’s dish. I was very envious of senior when I saw that a competent husband was doing better to his wife.

Is the prepared food like French food that I have never eaten before, or is it Italian? It was different from my table setting. How have I been invited to such an extravagant place? I made myself look back at my shabby life.

At midnight, each hidden story kept in their mind came out. We turned around and told each other inside stories. We chatted to in one team and became to be in two teams. We were excited to talk and the early fall night has passed quickly.

The next morning we changed the pajamas to casual wear and headed home. Our conversation followed the theme of 'Silent hiking' in the car. In the end, I asked for a suggestion to practice with 'silent drive' before the silent hiking. While I thought about how I should live my life in the future in silence, I arrived at Fort Lee, NJ.

"Wife, why are you screaming? Very excited. Is it another party in your dreams?" My husband shook and woke me up. As in the movie, I was a dream to be invited to a party as an artist who has a difficult time in New York. The friends of my favorite group are success and they are dressed like ladies and appear in elegant clothes.

Our pajama party will occasionally revive to our life like opening a package of gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment