Friday, March 16, 2012

A hundred dollar worth

Once a month I go to the book club. That day is my only day of freedom. All day long, not only do I not have to do housework, but also my husband doesn't nag when I come home late at night. Rather he even picks me up when the night gets dark.

On such a golden day, my friend expressed her willingness to part with me, saying she had to go to Flushing as soon as the book club was over. "I have to cook when I get home now. Where are you going?" "I have appointment to remove the moles on my face." "Then I'll go too."

I was talking to another friend who went with us while my friend removed the moles. The owner of the skincare seemed to sit next to me without even looking at the clean-faced friend, looking at my face carefully. She was looking an opportunity to talk with me with a look of can earning money with my face that has a lot of freckles.

"What is the estimate for such my freckled face?" Curiosity was roused and asked an estimate. "Your face can't remove each mole. You have to use an IPL laser.”

I'm not sure what an IPL is, but the ILP price is very high. "Can you just remove a hundred dollar worth of the moles? Like my friend." My friend bought a lot of cosmetics here and her face seemed to be cleaner than me, making it cheaper.

‘It smelled like burning flesh. My face smarted. I wish it was over soon. I have to endure pain to be pretty." When I get up and looked at the mirror. There are rare red scars on my face.

It's dark and cold outside. My face is tingling. I was hungry. We laughed at each other and said, "at this age, what are we doing this night?"

While I walked through the night with my friends, I remembered the old time when I was studying late in the library and running out to the snack bar while watching the night sky. We went into a restaurant. The loud-colored tteok-bokki, kimbap and squid stir-fry in front of us drove us back to our childhood when we ate and ate until the coins dried up.

Although I know I can't go to, my heart always stays in those days. And wakes up to my husband's brusque voice. "The freckles are still there! I heard you removed a hundred dollar worth of freckles."

No comments:

Post a Comment