Friday, December 23, 2011

The women of my father's

"This is my girlfriend. Say hello." With a bow I looked over the woman from head to toe. She seemed to be about twenty-five years younger than my father.  My father already had a woman! It's been less than six months since my mom died.

"She is a woman who suffers from the loss of her husband and raising four children. She is very good at food, very good at knitting and very talented. She knew you were coming from America, so she already made your sweater. If there’s something you want to eat,  tell her everything and she will make it for you." I have never seen my father, who was excited by spitting on his mouth.

My father, she and our couple went on a trip together. Passing through Mt. Sokri, passing through Andong, Gyeongju Bulguksa and Baekam Oncheon. I'm sorry for my deceased mother, but what should I do for my lone father? I have no choice but to do as my father says.

She has been doing well with my father for more than 15 years and was good to me whenever I went to Korea. Then one day she disappeared, because my father hurt his leg while climbing Namsan Mountain. She seemed to think my father who lay on bed couldn’t get up again. But healthy father soon recovered. I searched her residence because I felt sorry for my father, who couldn't forget her. My father and I went to a restaurant in Chungcheong-do who said someone knew her, and waited all day, but she never showed up.

"This is my girlfriend. Say hello." He introduced me again to a woman of refinement and integrity. My father has been dating a Japanese woman and a woman who has lived in the U.S. Maybe there was a lady younger than me who I didn't know. I liked everyone if my lone father could spend the rest of his life without being lonely.

A few years later, I heard from my father, 'someone knocked out the door one night, and the woman who had left my father was standing at the door looking very fat. My father stopped her from coming through the door and said, "Go to McDonald's and wait." When he went to McDonald’s with all the money he had in the house, she begged and cried, "I want to come back to you.'

 he said, "Once away, the relationship cannot be repeated. Live well wherever you are," She was crying bitterly when he gave her the money. In the middle of the night, she begged to me on an international phone call, asking me to return my father’s mind.

"Father, why are you dating women and not marrying them? Get married." "Women over fifty have a chronic disease, big and small. If I put her on the family register, I have to take care of her sickness. One marriage in my life is enough. That's my minimum courtesy to your mother."

No comments:

Post a Comment