Friday, May 6, 2011

Take me there

I sat on a hill where I could see a murmuring stream, looking at the clouds and waiting for a friend.

 I went to Seoul and met a friend. She wanted us to go to play golf. I told her that I don't know how to play golf. She dragged me to the golf course, saying she didn't believe me. With a look of regret, my friend left me on the golf course hill and went to play golf.

When I was in college, I often met this friend. One winter, we took an intercity bus and just went somewhere and asked to get off if there was anywhere we liked. There was a big lake. The rice-cooking smoke from the roof chimneys that were far away, were rising into the sunset sky. The surface of the lake was frozen solid. We walked on the ice holding, pushing, and pulling each other if we slipped and was going the village across the lake. The sound of our laughter also slipped far away on the ice and came back be echoes. The sound of the ice breaking in the middle of the lake scared us to a halt. I remembered standing for a while like now, looking regretfully at the village that I couldn't Inaccessible.

"You've been waiting a long time. I finished golf early today." My friend took off her sunglasses and put on a look of apology. "Do you know where is the place?" "Where?" "The place where we two tried to cross the frozen lake in winter." "A lake? Ah! There." "I'm not sure, because we took the intercity bus and got off." "Do you remember that when we were in college, we went to a mountain cabin with our friends. Remember that night when you and I couldn't sleep and we came out and shivered looking at the stars?" "When?" "When the two of us secretly walked through a white snow forest wearing large military boots of men we liked." "Oh, that’s." ‘Where was it then? Talking about boots reminds me of it, but I don’t remember."

The day that I met the man of the military shoes overlapped with the gym class where I had to take a swimming test. Would he have waited for me? He obviously knew my home telephone number. It was a pity that I never met the man again that broke up without saying goodbye.

“What are they doing now?” "They must be playing golf like me. Why are you thinking about old things without need?" “I wish just you take me there at that time.” " Forget everything and learn golf. How good is golf. Nothing in the world is as fun as golf. And you need to play golf to interact with the upper class. When you go back to America, You learn to play golf. Next time, let's play together.”

Have we come too far from those days?

No comments:

Post a Comment