Friday, November 26, 2010

A hurricane named Hope

I walked along a bumpy road with no end in sight. I looked around for a place to rest my tired leg. Far away, there is a bundle of green paper. The hope that it might be a pile of money has made me busy. The closer I got, the more confident I was that it was money. But a man closely followed me. The pace quickened with the impatience that I had to grab the money before this man picked it up.

Finally I grabbed the money and thrust it into both pockets. I looked back. The man who was close behind seemed not saw the money that had fallen. I walked slowly along the road, feeling the touch of a hefty sum of money in my pocket, with a smile on my face as if nothing had happened.

I woke up at the sound of a sharp garbage collection that seemed to separate the early morning air. Ah! The dark green of the dollar was so clear!

Every day I open my mailbox, hoping that there will be no troubling, if not welcome news. While looking at the letter with a serious face, I exhale relief, and quickly throws away the letter I will throw away and dispose of the bill I will have to pay. What I hope is that today like yesterday was a peaceful day.

At one time, because of the bills to pay, I wanted to flee to somewhere else. Should I go to Haenam? Someone said Haenam is a village at the end of the earth, so how come follow me to the end of the earth? Or should I believe in Unification Church? I heard that if I believe in Unification Church, I can guarantee a basic life. The fate of immigrants seems to be that they are hard to get out of the nervousness of the early days of immigration.

I opened the mailbox with nervousness. An orange piece of paper stands out. The orange paper say, "if you have a studio where you can shoot a movie, please contact me." There's something smell of some serious money.

Last night's dream will come true? I contacted there soon. A man quickly came to see as if he was nearby. He took the inside of the studio with a camera, and then said, he'll talk to the manager first  and contact  to me. The manager and the interior designer came right away. The room needs to be changed a little, so it takes a day to prepare, a day to shoot and a day to return to its original position. It all takes three days. The amount of studio fees offered was higher than I expected.

If I make a contract, a big sum of money is simply in hand. I was excited and bought a box of wine that I always drink. Drinking wine, and if I get the big money, I try to figure out where to spend it.

First of all, I will go to take care of my skin that my friend said is good price and good service. Let's get rid of the freckles and raise the drooping eyelids. I've lived without a TV for a long time, but let's get a flat TV. Then, visit the younger son in Bangkok and visit Haenam where is at the end of the earth. My head was busy studying what to do with the money dozens of times a day.

After signing the contract, I deposited the check in the bank and came back home. "Oh my god" something happen that is going to cost was waiting at home. I forgot that if I have any money I don't think of, there's always a corner to spend.

Looking up at the sky, the cloud was a lot exceptionally. While I was trying to catch that drifting cloud, a strong wave surged in and swept away my hopes leaving only a box of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment