Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A woman who writes letters well

Insook, who lived in a neighborhood where she married to someone living in the U.S., wrote a letter well.

One day, Insook visited Korea with long straight hair and a suntan face. After marrying in LA, her white face looks as quiet and innocent as ever, except for the sunburn. I thought she would change into a gorgeous and cool look when she goes to the U.S., but her appearance was simpler and more modest than before.

Insook loved to write and married a man who lives in the U.S. who used to pen pal. As a child, I thought I could go to America like her if I wrote well. I tried to write well, but it was not easy.

The first thing I started writing was a consolation letter to a soldier. At that time, there were a lot of letter homework to send soldiers. I was troubled by not writing the following after only titled 'to the army soldier.' It was probably because of the consolation letter homework that I first started to worry about.

I couldn't play properly outside the house and was sighing and agonizing. "What's the problem?" asked Insook. "I couldn't write a letter to a soldier." "Hey, write it down as I call it."

A reply came from the soldier. She told me to read the reply and write it out as I say it. I didn't care about the contents of the letter, and I was excited to see black letters fill up on white paper. Like this, the letter came and went several times. And then there were something unexpected happened.

One day, a soldier came to my school with a big crayon. He mentioned that he was looking for Insook by giving the crayons. I stood with my head flushed. The soldier gave a letter and asked me to delivered it to Insook.

After the soldier left, I stood at the corner of an empty elementary school playground. My classmate was staring at me with envious eyes out of the window. I crumpled the letter.

After that, my teacher sent me to the writing contest, calling me a "good at writing child." I wrote a letter of apology for cheating a soldier man, a teacher and a classmate in a writing contest. Since then, I have written in the form of a self-reflection.

Thanks to Insook, I can write a letter of apology well. I wanted to write a creative and wonderful article besides a self-reflection. I met another friend who is good at writing. I glanced into her notebook while she was in the bathroom. It was the long, nice sentence is written without a hitch.

When I got home, I opened my notebook to write long and wonderful things like friend. But all I wrote that day was, 'I want to write something as cool as my friend.'

No comments:

Post a Comment