Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A life like drama

"Mom, do you know the Korean drama 'Autumn Leaves'? I want to see that. I heard that Chinese girl in my class cried a lot while watching. It's so funny. Can I watch it”?

"Mom, do you know Yon-sama," said a younger son who had been in Hokkaido, Japan for about a month. "Why?" "The Japanese women were in a frenzy, because they knew I was Korean. Who's Yon-sama?"

When I went to Sunny Side Library in Queen's, there were many Korean drama DVDs. I have also borrowed to teach children Korean. After seeing a few episodes, my head hurt so much. It was because I was embarrassed to show kids crying.

We saw people eating at dinner table in the drama. "Mom, why are there so many side dishes at the table for people living in Korea?" It compares with our dinner table, which includes soup, kimchi and one side dish. Watching the tabletop in the drama, the children were wondering, swallowing his mouth.

"It's because it's a drama." "Can't we eat so much delicious food?" "No. Eating too much is not good for your health." While the children grumbled at the side dish, I groaned myself.

The artist in the drama will return from studying in the U.S. to become a professor. Successfully live in a picturesque studio. I became depressed even when I was comforting by saying 'it is a Drama.' Because of I came abroad to study too, but it is very different from life in drama.

Many Koreans said that Korean dramas are fun. However, my family was not interested in drama as if they were watching fire across the river. Once we watch it was so fun. At first, I borrowed it, saying, "I teach Korean to children." The children already lost interest. My husband and I without slept and watched for a few days until dawn.

My already prominent cheekbones popped out even more after several days of sleepless nights in the drama. My husband was horrified to see my a haggard figure "It's poisoning. It's addiction. I can't watch it." He yelled, "Don't borrow any more." He looked at me with a look of absurdity when he saw my haggard side compared to the wonderful female artist in the drama. "Just go to the studio and do some painting!"

No comments:

Post a Comment