Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The divination of madam Gong

If I walk along Jongno Street, there were many fortunetellers in tent. Unlike in the past, there was computer in front of them. Customers were constantly coming and going. I think there were a lot of people who were frustrated even in a world that is good these days.

There is a woman whose name is Gong Hye-ryeon, whom I have known for a long time. At one time, it was a sleek character in a Chinese movie, as its name suggests. As she enters her late 40s, her chubby and gentle figure goes well with her job.

Gong was born in a difficult family in the countryside of South Jeolla Province, with one son and seven daughters. She lost her father early, and came to Seoul after graduating from elementary school. She had a lot of hard time getting her seat around the sewing factory.

I first saw her delivering newspapers on the way to Namsan. Even though it was early in the morning, She had her make-up finely. She greeted me with a bright face at the moment I was about to past in shame of my boisterous appearance that had just awakened from sleep.

When the newspaper delivery was finished, she worked on yogurt delivery and nonstop as a house assistant. With the money she saved, she ran a factory with her husband, who she met at the sewing factory, and the factory went bankrupt. Her husband was suffering from debt and went into hiding somewhere, leaving behind two sons. She raised two sons and even served paralyzed mother. She went to a private institute for the qualification exam, got a middle school certificate and a high school certificate, and finally entered the department of Myong-ri, which is affiliated with Dongguk University.

Now she has a a fortune-telling shop called Hye-ryeon Love. There are quite a few people coming to hear the rumor. The phone rings constantly looking for her. Once you're connected as a guest, small questions are always busy with a kind of after service for free.

She was a reticent, shy person. However, now that her job is a job, She knows many things and speaks well with confidence. Whenever I go to Seoul, I admire her for her progress.' This is the price of hard work.' The people around her started calling her madam Gong.

Madam Gong looks into my palm. Her thumb was cut off at the sewing factory. The index finger is making a strange appearance by misplacing it. My divination, which she says, did not come in my ears, but my gaze went to her cut finger. "I am very curious about Madam. Gong's own divination?" "Give me a lot of fortune-teller's fee if you want to know," Gong said. 

I hope she will live a happy life, because she deserves to live happier than anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment