Friday, March 11, 2022

Anchovy poo blues

 Strangely, when I wake up from sleep, it’s 4 in the morning. I am waiting to fall asleep again. It's also hard to lie down trying to force myself to sleep that doesn't come. Birds are chirping outside the window. The diligent birds urge me to get up. I jumped out of bed. 

 I looked out the window with a cup of coffee. It rained last night, so the road is dingy. A white car stopped in front of a building across the street making a wavy sound on an empty street. It seemed to be waiting for someone. Out of curiosity, I waited for that someone too. But no one appears. The car waited for a while with the blinker lights on, and then just left. 

 I went into the kitchen to take anchovy poop off. I looked through the freezer compartment, but there was no anchovy. It's been a long time since I went to a Korean market, and even if I went, I couldn't buy expensive anchovies. so I bought anchovies in small packages. It has already eaten without time to take off the poof. I miss back in the days. Even if prices rose, they rose too much. Compared to the American market, the Korean market raises the price as if it's scaring customers. what are anchovies? Let's stop eating. I shouldn't even go to the Korean market. 

 I'm going to bake bread for my husband who makes his own oatmeal porridge in the morning. If he smells like savory bread, he will like it with a bright face. Add baking powder and salt to a cup of oatmeal and a cup of flour. Then, add raisins and walnuts instead of sugar and mix well. Next, add olive oil instead of butter, add eggs and milk, mix gently, and put in the oven. Yeasted, aged, and kneaded bread, the complicated process, is only done occasionally, very rarely, when the mood is high. Most of them are simply made with baking powder. 

 My husband likes cornbread. I think it's because of the memories he ate at school when he was in elementary school. He often says it's amazing that the United States sent surplus agricultural corn powder for hungry children to many Korean schools. It's a pity that I forgot to buy corn powder and only bought flour. 

 The husband rarely eats food that is bad for health. He tries not to go to a restaurant if he can. There is no sugar or MSG at home. Others will say that our food is tasteless when they eat it, but the husband eats everything so that it is easy to wash dishes because it is healthy food. 

 I put the bread dough in the oven and approached the window. Beyond the Hudson River seen through the window, New Jersey slowly brightens through the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment