Saturday, August 22, 2020

I'd rather be arrogant

"Mrs. Lee is such an arrogant person." A woman named a deaconess, who was sitting next to m, suddenly said to me. "Arrogance? What part of me?" "It's proof that a life of self-belief without believing in God is arrogant. Why don't you go to the church right now." "Do you have proof that you believe in God only when you go to church?" gulped down what was about to fall out of my mouth and looked up at the sky, saying, "Lord!"

 

In spite of long immigrant lives and hardships, I always lived with gratitude and joy. Luckily, I didn't meet any crooks and I didn't get much unfair business. But from now on, the more I think about what I'm going to talk about, the more upset I get.

 

I like 1.5 generation wife of my husband's brother who lives in LA She is nice. She doesn't bother me. Of course, she is good to me, so I made a mistake while trying to listen to her well. "Would you like to join our mother-in-law and father-in-law’s mutual benefit society?" she asked me. I didn't know what the mutual benefit society was but I agreed her suggestion because she is a nice person.

 

After receiving the bill, I found that I am paying my mother-in-law's share. My father-in-law, who wife of my husband's brother was paying died early. For 23 years from 1993 to mid-2016, I paid $15,000 in full to the mutual aid society run by a very large church in L A, not a single day late. And I paid the membership fee every year too. The rules of the mutual aid society continued to change. At the start, they will give me $15,000 after my mother-in-law’s death, even if I paid $14,250 for 20 years. The rules of the organization have changed again, and even if the entire 15,000 dollars are paid in full, they will give me only 14,250 dollars. The financial situation has led to worse," They said, adding, "Why don't you 750 dollars worth of donation?" To me not going near the church.  There was a growing anxiety that they might say me to donate the money I paid if my mother-in-law dies because the rule will continue to change in the future.

 

If they had drawn money from the elderly heading for death and created a mutual aid society, at least there would have been a financial adviser. Even if the amount had been buried in the ground for 23 years, the principal could be got. In fact, I'm not even a financial expert, but I've invested in the Vanguard Index Fund since 2007 and rose quite a bit of money. Why did I join the mutual aid society, and do something stupid for 27 years?  I blamed myself and regretted.

 

'A fortune teller told a man who came to see the divination, "Be careful because your could be killed by a lion." One day the man who thought he would not be killed by a lion if he does not go to the zoo died. Because he was dozing under a lion statue and the statue collapsed.

 

Even if I was told countless times that I was arrogant because I didn't go the church, I tried to avoid getting caught up in the unsavory things that took place in the church. Even though I didn't go to church, like the man who was crushed to death under a statue of a lion after being dragged around by the changing rules of the big church's mutual aid society in Los Angeles, I'm finally going to lie down. I'd rather be arrogant!

No comments:

Post a Comment