Saturday, May 2, 2020

Minimalist's crushing defeat

Vinova Barbe, a former disciple and comrade whom Gandhi esteemed, interprets garbage disposal as a spiritual dimension. People who can't leave the garbage around can't stand the garbage inside of them, so they feel a strong urge to clean it up. This is the spiritual impulse. According to him, cleaning has a level. At first it's very light, after a while it's clean, then it's beautiful, and at the end it's holy. If you clean it up and clean it up again, it will be undergo spiritual training.’

I usually love someone's writing like above. Rather than trying to buy and throw away what I don't need, I don't buy at all. But this habit of mine was completely defeated by the Coronavirus incident. To make matters worse, my travel plan, which I had to eat everything left in the refrigerator and buy something fresh after the trip, unfortunately coincided with the incident. By the time I started shopping, the supermarket shelves were already strewn as if they had been looted.

My friend in L.A. bought 4 boxes of cabbage, made kimchi, and packed 10 bags of rice. In the backyard, under the shadow of a lemon tree, enjoy the barbecue of pork belly and lie down in an outdoor ondol room and count the stars in the sky. "Are you teasing me now?" "Why didn't you buy enough food on a normal day? I feel sorry for you about you have been enjoying your hobby that is saving and living a minimal life? Give me your home address. I'll send you the foods." "Please don't send me." If you get a coronavirus while going to the post office to send me the foods, will I be left restless and the food will eat it properly? Don't go out and be healthy so you don't carry the virus to your family and people around you."

I went grocery shopping early in the morning. Even before arriving at Whole Foods, there was a line of people from afar. There are not many paper towels or tissues. Needless to say, there is no sanitizer at all. But I comforted myself that I could live by replacing everything.

I began to clean the house as I arranged it. The old bed sheet was cut into 10 inches in width to be used as a mop. I cleaned the cupboard and took out all the food. I took cans, flour, beans, spaghetti, and potatoes that I didn't eat and put them on the table. It's a lot even though I didn't buy it like that. Unfortunately, I have only a little rice. I also cleaned the refrigerator. There are quite a few sesame leaf pickles. With arms crossed, I glare on the food I don't want to eat.

How did he know the Coronavirus crisis is coming? My son's friend made and sold the design masks three years ago. Things that were not sold at that time are now selling like hot cakes. He gave four masks in the midst of his busy schedule. He's a hotshot.

Although my mouth eats the canned food, my mouth cover with luxury design masks. I never thought I'd be in such a strange world. What can I do! I wear a design mask and I have to enjoy myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment