Monday, March 23, 2020

Corona cruise

A friend sent me a YouTube video that the virus epidemic is spreading. I didn't watch it. At occasional meetings, some members said they would have to cancel their cruise reservations. Viruses are viruses, but because they are feel bad what If people avoid them because they are Asian who are carrying a virus.

The cruise travel I booked last year is coming soon. My husband often watches YouTube and tells me the situation. "If you don't want to get on the ship because of the virus, I can go alone, so stay home." I can use a cramped cruise room alone. I can hang around my own way without his nagging. Because I want to avoid the summer when it is crowded with tourists, and to go to warm places in the cold and eerie season.

If people avoid me because I'm Asian and I'm carrying a virus, I'm more comfortable with the wider space around me. I don't care because it's their problem that others keep away from me. To be honest, I want to enjoy a variety of food prepared by others on the cruise. I don't want to speak English when I eat. If someone is good to me, I should pretend to be good too. I understand the feelings of the elderly, who usually don't have chance to open their mouths, but if I give them a little chance, they talk.

What I've heard from my father since I was a child, "If a person goes to the right, you go to the left. Find and do what others don't do. If you go to a place where others are flocking, it's too late to get something. It's not a very relevant advice for this virus, but I didn't want to miss the chance because I thought the ship would be empty if people cancelled their reservations. Unless the cruise company cancelled, I decided to ride and packed my bags.

A few days before leaving for the cruise, the cruise company sent me a email. 'We monitored the COVID-19 situation closely including the travel advisories issued by the U.S. State Department and information updates issued by the Centers for Disease Control in the U.S. and the World Health Organization in Switzerland. You can cancel without incurring any cancellation fees. You will be issued a voucher for future travel valid for 24 months.'

Maybe I was crazy to become a water ghost or to die of a virus. People often die from what they do with passion. If I like it, I often do it, and if I do it often, I will die from it. Those who earn profits from people's eerie reactions by teasing the crocodile lose their lives at a mouthful of the crocodiles. People who like the sea are more likely to drown in the sea.

I'm going to stuck at home for a while. As if the submarine is curious about outside of the water and looks out with periscope, I should come out when the virus subsides while observing it. But since the stock is falling and the economy isn't spinning properly, after the virus, do I have to suffer from living difficulties? I'll get the virus before I suffer from living difficulties?

No comments:

Post a Comment